Scan Technician - Imaging Dept., PRN FTE .001
St. Lucie Medical Center
Port St. Lucie, FL Facility Description:
St. Lucie is a 229 bed acute-care, full service medical center and a leading provider of quality affordable health care. Because we believe in "Quality, Excellence and Commitment," we deliver the very best medical care with our state of the art medical technologies. We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits program that allows you to select the options that best meet the individual needs of you and your family.
St. Lucie has also been voted as a top five "Destination Hospital for Nurses." With a team-oriented approach and ample opportunity for career growth, we think you'll find St. Lucie Medical Center offers the ideal atmosphere for your skills and talents.
St. Lucie Medical Center is a member of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, Hospital Corporation of America. HCA Ranks on Fortune's list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years. In addition, HCA has also been named one of Ethisphere's World's Most Ethical Companies for seven consecutive years. Join our tradition of excellence! Benefits: We offer a generous compensation package for Full-time and Part-time including: vacation, 401k, and Medical Insurance. Job Description:
The Cat Scan Tech produces computerized tomographic scanner radiographs of designated anatomical areas in accordance with established practices and procedures. The position's tasks and responsibilities include:
Qualifications: Position Qualifications:
- Operates equipment to make radiographs of designated portions of the body.
- Positions patients utilizing immobilization devices.
- Moves equipment into specified positions and adjusts equipment controls to set exposure factors such as time and distance.
- Explains procedures to patients and addresses their concerns.
- Assists physicians with invasive procedures.
- Exposes and develops film.
- Operates mobile equipment in operating room, emergency department or at patient's bedside. Monitors, records and communicates as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Utilizes knowledge of age specific needs of patient in performance of duties and responsibilities.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Practices radiation protection techniques to minimize radiation to patient and staff.
- Provides a safe environment for administering contrast material.
- Assists with transporting patients.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- Graduate of an accredited program for Radiographers.
- ARRT Certification in CT.
- Current state licensure or permit to practice medical imaging
- Minimum 2 years experience as Imaging Tech.
- Current Certification in Basic Life Support
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 lbs.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom