CT Tech FT 9a-9p Fri/Sat/Sun (FTE .9) Northwest Medical Center
Margate, FL Join a dynamic team of healthcare providers in a friendly work environment. We're dedicated to the highest quality patient care and we're looking for dedicated, qualified, compassionate professionals to become part of our team. Northwest Medical Center offers supportive management, great benefits and flexibility. A 223-bed medical center, we continue to expand and integrate the latest technology into patient care. With the opening of our brand new, state of the art CV Tower and the future expansion of our Emergency Room which will double our ER in size, there is a lot of opportunity for professional growth. Cardiac services, oncology, neurosurgery and The Spine Institute - these are just a few of the areas in which we excel! For the third consecutive year, HCA Ranks on Fortune's list of Most Admired Companies of 2013. In addition, HCA has also been named one of Ethisphere's World's Most Ethical Companies for the fourth consecutive year. Join our tradition of excellence! Job Summary
The Cat Scan Tech produces computerized tomographic scanner radiographs of designated anatomical areas in accordance with established practices and procedures. The position's tasks and responsibilities include:
- Operates equipment to make radiographs of designated portions of the body.
- Positions patients utilizing immobilization devices.
- Moves equipment into specified positions and adjusts equipment controls to set exposure factors such as time and distance.
- Explains procedures to patients and addresses their concerns.
- Assists physicians with invasive procedures.
- Exposes and develops film.
- Operates mobile equipment in operating room, emergency department or at patient's bedside.Monitors, records and communicates as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Utilizes knowledge of age specific needs of patient in performance of duties and responsibilities.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Practices radiation protection techniques to minimize radiation to patient and staff.
- Provides a safe environment for administering contrast material.
- Assists with transporting patients.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Job Qualifications :
- Graduate of an accredited program for Radiographers.
- RT, ARRT, CT Certification
- Current state licensure
- Minimum 2 years experience as Imaging Tech.
- Current Certification in Basic Life Support