Monsanto, a leading global provider of agricultural products that improve farm productivity and food quality, is seeking a talented Catalyst Research Scientist to join our Catalyst R&D team to lead the catalyst development. Twenty years from now, the earth's population will need 55% more food than it can produce now. Today, Monsanto is working with farmers around the world to do something about it. In over 60 countries, Monsanto has established industry-leading products because we give professionals the freedom to make real decisions. Monsanto is an Employer Of Choice with an outstanding professional development program and a history of building careers. Make an impact by joining the team that is working to solve one of mankind's greatest challenges.
• Providing technical knowledge and leadership to initiate and develop novel catalytic materials and processes for expanding new technical opportunities at Monsanto's manufacturing facilities
• Identifying and developing catalytic processes for organic transformations in agrochemical chemistry
• Designing and developing reactor testing protocols for evaluating catalyst performance.
• Experience in the study of catalytic materials and reactions are necessary to guide the implementation and optimization of new catalysts for the manufacturing of agrochemicals and other key intermediates.
• Working closely with engineers in the manufacturing and engineering organizations to ensure safe and effective operation of new technologies. Lab studies, computer modeling, and plant-scale experiments will be used in the implementation of new technologies.
• Collaborating with others in R&D, engineering, and manufacturing as part of a dynamic team-based environment and collaborating with scientists in organizations both inside and outside Monsanto.
Some travel is required.
Required Education & Skills/Experience:
• Minimum of a Master's degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or related discipline with five or more years of industrial experience -OR- minimum of a PhD in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or related discipline
• Hands-on experience in heterogeneous catalyst development, materials science, and characterizations
• Strong written and oral communication skills are required, as well as the ability to work independently and drive collaborative projects forward
Desired Education & Skills/Experience:
• PhD in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or related discipline
• Two or more years of relevant research/engineering experience in post-doctoral and/or industry setting
• Hands-on experience in various reactor designs
• Experience on heterogeneous catalyst development for organic transformation is a plus
Who is Monsanto?
Monsanto is an agriculture company with more than 20,000 employees focused on making a balanced meal accessible to everyone. We work to help farmers produce food in a more sustainable way. We think about how our food is grown so farmers have the tools they need to have better harvests.
We believe that bringing diverse perspectives together is the most effective way to develop creative solutions to some of the world's biggest challenges. Career opportunities at Monsanto range from farming, plant breeding, chemistry and engineering to marketing, environmental science, IT and many other areas. We're always looking for exceptional professionals interested in developing a strong career while collaborating to develop solutions for sustainable agriculture. Sound like a job for you?
Why work with us?
• Life at Monsanto means collaborating with dedicated professionals in a stimulating environment
• Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships
• You will work with market leading brand products in a global organization
• We provide competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and some of the best career development opportunities in the industry
• Monsanto is named Great Place to Work in many countries around the world
Join our global team where your contribution will make a real difference!
A little about us:
At Monsanto, we believe that diverse perspectives solve big challenges and deliver a broad range of solutions to help nourish our growing world.