The Category Advisor is the lead responsible for the creation, analysis, and development of customer and consumer data to identify and optimize sales opportunities including portfolio and category assortment and execution improvements to drive sales.
Develops expertise on competitive manufacturers, local consumer insights, regional differences and key customers and often acts as the Category Captain leading initiatives on behalf of the customer for the entire category. Works directly with the Customer to lead and identify sales opportunities - such as space optimization, distribution gaps, and advises on promotional effectiveness. This role is National in scope and uses both customer scan data and Nielsen data to provide direction for the customer. Key Responsibilities
- The incumbent will provide complex and competitive retailer category analysis
- Produce and present market, retailer and company insights for optimized performance
- Assist in managing internal relationships with sales & marketing teams
- Create planograms
- Capable of creating analytical tools and scorecards
- Support channel and brand initiatives with fact based selling
- High level of technical expertise required
- Ability to give effective presentations
- Strong technical/computer skills (i.e. Excel, pivot tables, macros, Access) required
- Ability to implement process strategy
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong organization skills and an ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to be productive in a matrixed team environment
- Strong financial knowledge and ability to apply pragmatically
- Ability to communicate across multiple levels of the organizational hierarchy inclusive of a rank range from analysts to VPs and functional ranges of sales, forecasting and finance
- Strong verbal and written communication capability
- Demonstrated success in a structured process driven working environment supporting multiple constituents of varying rank and functional need.
- 3-5 years' experience cross functional experience in data management, finance, analytical support, forecasting and business planning analysis
- Previous Category Management experience with CPG experience an asset
Our Company has accommodation policies in place and provides reasonable accommodations for employees with disabilities. If you require a specific accommodation because of disability or medical need, you should advise the hiring manager and submit the request by calling the HR Help team at 1-877-677-6774.
Honesty and integrity have always been cornerstone values of The Coca-Cola Company. Our passion for people of integrity mirrors our spirited drive for total quality in our brands. These and other elements allow the company to sustain strategic practices and drive business performance. The Personnel Integrity Assurance Program is another step toward making The Coca-Cola Company the premier workplace. This process includes a pre-employment background investigation that applies to all applicants employees and contractors of the company. The scope of this inquiry may cover such elements as education employment history a criminal history check reference checks and a pre-employment drug screen. Designated countries or sensitive positions within the company may have more stringent standards.
At Coca-Cola Ltd. (Canada) you can cultivate your career in a challenging and dynamic environment. We are the largest manufacturer and distributor of nonalcoholic drinks in the world-selling more than 1 billion drinks a day. Unlock your full potential with a future-focused company that is known and respected throughout the world.
No relocation for this position
Back to top
A little about us:
Coca-Cola’s success would not be possible without the world’s best employees. We invite you to challenge yourself, join us and prosper.