Overview About Aramark
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter. Description
Aramark is seeking a Category Analyst that will lead category management analytics efforts within Aramark's Marketing Center of Excellence (MCOE) on the Product Development Team. This role will support both the Menu and CPG Category teams
The ideal candidate is passionate about uncovering the "why" behind consumer purchase decisions through robust data mining, analytics and hypothesis testing. This analyst will be comfortable aggregating and synthesizing relevant data sets including but not limited to primary and secondary research, third party data, transactional data, to develop a deep understanding of consumers, their needs and behaviors and key drivers that align with business objectives and support growth for Aramark.
The Category Analyst will focus on supporting the diverse analytic needs of the Product Development Team (both Menu and CPG), and utilizes strong interpersonal, organizational, and time management skills to prioritize tasks and perform various analytical duties.
This analyst will be instrumental in developing actionable insights that enable data-driven decision-making. This analyst will be responsible for translating data into clear and compelling insights that lead to actionable recommendations and drive business results turning complex data into a clear story allowing team members to drive action/decisions quickly and effectively.
Category Planning & Analysis
- Support the development of the Enterprise Category strategy to achieve sustainable long-term revenue, margin and other volume growth targets in line with the overall business strategy
- Support the development of the annual category plan, including targets
- Analyze sales and purchase data, and establish benchmarks for making key category decisions
- Support driving deeper channel, customer, and shopper/consumer knowledge into the planning process
- Assess the item assortment, recommend adjustments to drive optimal category performance.
- Support the build of beneficial long term supplier partner relationships through the use of Joint Business Plans and through various engagement activities including location visits, meetings etc.
- Assist in the development of appropriate operating processes, systems and procedures to ensure sustainable and consistent delivery of high quality, repeatable outputs and business results
- Develop the KPI tracking tools and processes necessary to monitor key metrics and analyze data to provide insights and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Conduct detailed analysis and reporting, utilizing all available data resources; develop and execute score carding and valuation, to evaluate impact of implementation of assortment and Promotion initiatives
- Provide insights and recommendations by synthesizing data from a multitude of sources on customer, channel, and category strategy. Recommend actionable solutions based on a clear understanding of the analysis.
- Ability to create and deliver as an output "the story" which is supported by analytics and research.
- Communicate competitive manufacturer/customer trade information to team
- Transfer competitive intelligence to the team to incorporate into strategies and tactical plans
- Leverage data, analytical and planning tools for maximum benefit (Syndicated data, IRI/ Nielsen, Spectra, Technomics, Hartman and Datassentials)
- May perform other duties as required
The ideal candidate will have the following professional experience and skills:
- Bachelor's Degree (BA or BS Degree) in Business/Marketing required
- 4-6 years of category management experience, retailer category advisory/validation support, mastery of syndicated data & insights strongly desired, including 2-4 years in category analytical and project management experience preferred
- Retail/Food Store Management and or menu strategy development experience preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel, PowerPoint, Access and SmartSheet
- Strong technical skills in using Nielsen and IRI data. Must be able to understand consumer insights data such as Technomic and Hartman, and data across multiple platforms. In addition, understanding planogram design software such as Prospace and/or Apollo is a plus.
Must be a self-starter, have strong project management skills, have the ability to work cross-functionally in a heavily, matrixed environment.
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.