Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies is currently recruiting for a Category Associate, Sales & Distribution Services. The position will be based in New Brunswick, NJ or any New Jersey or Pennsylvania J&J location.
Caring for the world, one person at a time, has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $71.9 billion in 2016 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. There are more than 265 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 126,500 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
BE VITAL in your Career; be seen for the talent you bring to your work. Explore opportunities within the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies.
The Category Associate, Global Sales & Distributor Services will be responsible for supporting the Global Supplier Relationship Manager Lead in managing and coordinating the Sales & Distributor Services category strategies and supplier relations management across Johnson & Johnson’s Consumer, Medical Device and Janssen businesses on a global basis.
With spend of greater than $1 Billion these categories are highly complex and evolving in nature requiring extensive interaction with key business stakeholders, emerging and existing suppliers on a Global or Regional basis and other Category / Functional leadership. This individual will work with key business partners and regional category teams to develop, coordinate, implement and track category strategies and supplier relationship management plans on a global / regional basis.
The Category Associate’s scope of responsibilities includes:
- Assist in developing and driving the Procurement vision for, with and through the stakeholder community.
- Assist in developing the vision, strategy and implementation plan for a specific category or sub-categories of spend to meet the strategies set forth by the Sales & Distributor Services Category Lead as well as meeting the long range requirements of the business partners and deliver maximum value for Johnson & Johnson.
- Works with Global Supplier Relationship Manager Lead and regional Category Leads to manage supplier relationships and communicate changes to strategy to internal and external stakeholders.
- Utilizes appropriate enterprise tools, data, processes, and analytics to identify actionable insights and monitor the performance and effectiveness of procurement solutions. Proactively gathers information, shares insights, and openly collaborates with relevant stakeholders to inform category business planning and identify potential opportunities or inefficiencies.
- Analyzes supplier performance to ensure achievement of quality, reliability, innovation, and cost objectives. Recommends innovative and sustainable solutions to support supplier enabled innovation.
- Assists in managing & prioritizing the portfolio of category initiatives.
- Maintain external focus and identify new global / regional suppliers and sources of value for the business in alignment with category strategy.
- Monitor, analyze, report and deliver on financial, growth, innovation, service, reliability, quality and sustainability commitments for the category
- Bachelor's degree.
- 3+ years overall professional experience, and 0-2 years of related experience.
- Understanding of core Procurement areas of focus regarding Supplier Management.
- Ability to understand and influence individuals and collaborate across functions and supplier partners.
- English verbal / written communication skills with ability to confidently present complex information.
- Analytical judgment and decision making skills, and acting as a problem solver.
- Ability to operate in an ambiguous environment.
- Demonstrated track record of delivering against targets and objectives.
- Demonstrated ethical mind-set and behavior.
- Ability to prioritize requests, and propose effective cost/customer service alternatives when necessary.
- Ability to travel up to 20% domestically between sites and internationally.
- Sales experience and/or experience working with distributors, in the pharmaceutical, medical device or consumer products industries.
- Working knowledge and experience in Category Management, Supplier Management, Sourcing Processes, Contracting, and Negotiations.
- Strong business acumen.
- An advanced degree in business or related field.
- Strong data analytics skills including experience with Excel and Tableau.
United States-New Jersey-New BrunswickOther Locations
North America-United States-New Jersey, North America-United States-PennsylvaniaOrganization
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)Job Function