Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It's also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You'll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability.
Job Description Role Summary
Directs the achievement of objectives in the Indirect Sourcicing Category for approximately $800MM in annual spend. Lead and manages a team of 6 individuals with a focus on category management & strategy execution, internal relationship management and contract negotiations . Provides high-level project management oversight of negotiation pipeline. Works to identify future sourcing opportunities across the Indirect Sourcing Category space, globally. Job Duties & Responsibilities
Scope Distinction and Independent Action
- Develops and implements global departmental plan of organization and staffing. Selects and provides for the continuing development of subordinate management and staff. Conducts periodic performance reviews and provides for the ongoing guidance, training and direction to management staff in developing and implementing plans and objectives.
- Directs RFP processes and negotiations, managing complex global agreements and effectively leading cross-functional teams.
- Performs all duties in accordance with prescribed regulatory compliance guidelines.
- Identifies and facilitates strategies for complex categories, aligning them with corporate strategy and user needs.
- Develops and/or facilitates sourcing strategy for assigned categories.
- Develops and oversees supplier base for complex categories.
- Oversees supplier relationships.
- Partners with business area teams to ensure internal customer needs are met. Must be comfortable working with executives at the highest level of the organization.
- Develops and recommends standards for each category to assure adherence to corporate policy and legal requirements.
- Analyzes relevant trends within the supplier market and develops recommendations for strategies and solutions.
- Resolves complex issues/problems regarding supplier performance.
- Directs continuous process and strategy improvements.
- Develops, negotiates and executes terms and conditions of contracts
- Responsible for developing and refining a set of complex categories with potential for global reach. Performs work independently within the scope of established guidelines and practices. Consults with manager where exception to Company policy may be required.
- 10-15 years overall experience including 7-10 years strategic sourcing/category or supplier management experience.
- •Minimum 5 years procurement management experience.
- •Global experience preferred.
- •MBA preferred.
- •CPM preferred.
- •Proven negotiation skills.
- •Proven vendor and relationship management skills.
- •Proven communication skills.
- •Proven leadership skills.
- •Proven knowledge of supply markets.
- •Proven knowledge of sourcing process.
- •Proven managerial and mentoring skills.
- •Demonstrated analytical and presentation skills.
- •Demonstrated decision-making / problem solving skills.
- •Professionalism with confidential data.
- •PC proficient.
- •Ability to work effectively with all levels of management and employees.
- •Ability to influence and collaborate across the organization.
- •Ability to gain trust/confidence.
- •Ability to manage supply base.
- •Ability to create commodity strategy.
- •Ability to execute and implement strategy.
- •Ability to lead the creation and management of vision execution.
- •Ability to develop and manage talent.
- •Global mindset and cultural awareness.
Job Opening ID
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
A little about us:
We hire veterans to help us transform--improve and innovate--the way we run our business to face industry challenges head-on.