We are PepsiCo. We are game changers, mountain movers and history makers. We are a diverse group, spread among 200 countries and united by a shared set of values and goals. That's why we Perform with Purpose.
Together, we blaze new trails, succeed, celebrate and never settle for second best. At PepsiCo, we're committed to performing well as individuals and in teams, to strengthen the company as a whole.
Are you hungry to be a part of the World's largest portfolio of billion dollar food and beverage brands? Then now is the time to explore the Possibilities of PepsiCo.Job Description:
This role will provide category management support and thought leadership to the franchise field teams and key HQ functions. This role will support franchise field teams in the Central/West regions by providing insights and analysis to identify issues and uncover opportunities. As well, this role will provide strategic support to the HQ Revenue Management team to translate national strategy into locally relevant plans. The incumbent will work as a team to share best practices and assume leadership for specific skill areas. There will be close linkage with the category management function to leverage training and development and future opportunities. This role will appeal to someone looking to shape national strategy for optimum results in the local market, in real time.
Location: Chicago or White Plains, New YorkKey responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Use trends to assist in the creation of future strategy and aid in decision making
- Complete sales performance decomposition across beverage categories and brands
- Identify and present strategic insights to gain alignment to major initiatives with independent bottlers
- Create, analyze, and present the story to support future direction and initiatives required for sustainable growth for the bottler(s) and Pepsi Americas Beverages
- Seek ways to include franchise implications proactively in PBC and CCO planning; act as a blue system voice
- Mine county level data to develop custom views which enable bottler-relevant insights and analysis.
- Develop sell stories that meet PAB and bottler objectives. Leverage all available selling materials and enablers.
- Present scorecards, insights, and locally relevant analysis at GMA (marketing alignment meetings/ bottler AOP meetings
- Act as resource for field and bottlers seeking to identify opportunities or customize strategies
- Support Revenue Management team by identifying specific bottler problems-to-solve
- Contribute to innovation sell-in by presenting locally-relevant shopper/category/retailer story
- Actively learn the franchise business and how our independent bottlers go to market. Leverage the bottlers' deep business knowledge.
- Learn and become an expert in key category management tools
- Ad-hoc projects such as supporting 9FF rollout or regional projects
- Educate franchise field team on category leadership terms, usage, and business benefits
- Train field managers (and a few bottlers) to access and/or read IRI data
- Bachelor degree, MBA a plus
- Four or more years of experience in Insights/Category Management/Sales (CPG Industry Preferred)
- Very proficient in Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge and experience in Syndicate POS, Household Panel, (IRI Nielsen), retailer Shopper Card data (e.g. dunnhumby, EYC)
- Able to present ideas and translate complex concepts to contribute to cross-functional teams
- Examples of being a self-starter with strong project management skills
- Creative, analytical thinker with strong communication skills - able to draw key points from data
- Exposure to PepsiCo's franchise business would be an asset
- Examples of teaching or coaching is a plus
- Key Category Management Competencies Include: Granular Demand Analytics, Creating Tailored Solutions, Leading and Implementing Insights to take Action, Understanding and Articulating the Business, Communicating with Impact, Building Winning Relationships
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
Not Eligible for Relocation
A little about us:
Our nation’s veterans bring unbeatable life experience, job skills and leadership to PepsiCo. Together We Win.