Office has become one of the most engaging and recognizable consumer brands in the world today. While we have achieved a strong consumer presence; the opportunity for continued growth of Office through existing and new business models and channels has never been greater.
The Director for WW Office Category will have accountability for driving the Office business for CDS in partnership with the Product Marketing Groups and CDS Regional teams. This role will provide leadership for the Office business to the Channel Sales, Device sales, Channel Marketing and Category Sales teams to create and execute marketing initiatives to drive sales of Office products and transition Office to a subscription service. The role will also serve as the primary interface for key product marketing groups (BGs) at corporate headquarters, consumer marketing partners, and channel organizations; partnering with them to develop the long-term vision; while ensuring alignment and successful execution between the marketing and business plans in CDS.
Key roles and responsibilities for the Director for WW Office Category include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Achieve scorecard targets for the overall Office category (i.e., revenue, units, attach, active subscribers, and marketing spend); inclusive of rationalizing and maximizing revenue for CDS across license types.
2. Drive and execute a comprehensive all-up Office CDS marketing strategy across key customer segments inclusive of new product releases and managing new channels or methods of distribution.
3. Work with Field CDS Teams to identify business opportunities and build business cases to drive growth. These business cases should deliver the maximum ROI, as well as tie directly to scorecard metrics.
4. Collaborate on and support channel marketing executions that are aligned with the corporate vision, goals, strategies, and priorities; providing in-depth business analysis at the country-level for the Office business performance.
5. Land strategy in CDS and give direction for partner ready pitch decks, key account management presentations and meetings
The Director WW Office Category must possess a proven track record in working cross-functionally and collaborating with various sales and marketing teams; located at Corporate, as well as within the Field. Examples of these relationships include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Category Sales Community
• Channel Sales Leaders
• Device Sales Leaders
• Channel Marketing Leaders
• Office Corporate Product Marketing Group and Finance
Key measures of success equate to the Office Consumer Scorecard (Note: metrics will vary by country):
• Office Sell In and Sell Thru Revenue
• Office Consumer Subscribers
• KPI’s: Office Attach, Home Mix & License Type
Business & Leadership Competencies:
• Leader who is competent in developing marketing strategies through Retail, Online, Distribution and OEM segments that drive customers to Office products
• Visionary with strong work ethic, excellent analytical skills, attention to detail, and the ability to deal with conflict and/or ambiguity
• Broad skill set encompassing excellent Sales, Marketing, and Relationship Management capabilities, with proven ability to collaborate across v-teams and cross-organizational groups
• Ability to drive and influence sub revenue and P&L performance, as well as long-term success within country
• Demonstrated ability to develop innovative consumer marketing strategies that will drive core metrics at Retail
• Experience leading diverse v-teams; spanning both corporate and field personnel
• Strong analytical, problem-solving, and time management skills
• Seasoned in the following competencies: Business and Strategy Leadership, Integrated Marketing Planning, and Retail Customer Insights
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills; enhancing ability to negotiate and influence
• Solid understanding of the Microsoft Retail Channel sales model
• Positive attitude and passion for delivering results and managing projects through to completion
• 10+ years’ experience working with Consumer, Retail, OEM and/or Online Marketing
• BA required and MBA preferred
• Ideal candidate will have prior consumer marketing experience; ideally in IT industry (i.e., hardware, software, etc.) or Consumer Electronics products
• Must have supervised teams and project teams to success, preferably in both marketing and retail sales functions
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.