Category Management Manager - Meijer
Location: United States
Posted: January 07, 2017
Reference ID: 17000072
Are you looking to join a dynamic sales and category management organization? Do you thrive off creative solutions to selling and category management strategy?
We are hiring a Category Management Manager (CMM) for our Meijer business. This position is based out of Grand Rapids, MI.
The CMM will provide Category Management support by driving Category Management principles, as well as Consumer and Shopper Insights, to deliver both Category and Brand growth, while sharing Best Practices. He or she will use appropriate analytical and tools, provide support to Sales Team through reports and presentations, and identify key business opportunities. Develop strong relationships internally and with customer to become the go to Category Management resource.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Drive Best in Class Category Management principles leveraging Consumer and Shopper Insights
• Provide Category expertise and recommendations for assigned categories
• Provide analytics using Nielsen Homescan, ScanTrack, Shopper Loyalty Card and Customer POS data to drive business opportunities
• Develop strong relationships with various levels of management at the customer and Unilever
• Pro-actively support Sales on key business opportunities with this customer and provide actionable recommendations
• Utilize Category Management tools such as Unimix, TABs, JDA, ECRM Ad tracking tool, Pricing Evaluator, Promo Evals, etc to develop best in class Category Management recommendations
This position actively participates in the development of sales strategy by providing team management with complex analytics and insight to consumer dynamics that supports our path to growth plan. This position interfaces with our customers at several levels of the organization. Knowledge and a working understanding of Nielsen, Spectra, Assortment tools, Loyalty Card and other syndicated information systems preferred.
• Bachelors degree required
• 3-5 years CPG selling or category management experience
• Excellent planning, analytical, communication and computer skills required
• Strong PowerPoint, Excel and presentation skills
• Ability to work independently and communicate with Customer/Team members on a daily basis
• Experience working knowledge of Category Management principles, ACNielsen, Shopper/Consumer Insights, Space management software and Loyalty Card preferred
• Key account sales experience preferred
• Objective Analytical Power - ability to translate data into strategy
• Practical Creative Category Management
• Entrepreneurial Drive
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law. Please note: as part of the job application, you will be asked to complete pre-screening questions. Completion of the pre-screening questions are mandatory in order to be considered. Please allow yourself plenty of time to complete both the application and pre-screening questions. If the pre-screening questions are partially answered or not at all, it will adversely affect the progress of your application. Please be aware that you will have to complete the pre-screening questions at once as you will be unable to return to it later.
Employment is subject to verification of pre-employment drug-screening results and background investigation.