McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. McKesson Medical-Surgical provides medical-surgical supplies and equipment to physicians' offices, home care agencies, long-term care facilities and surgery centers. Our catalog includes more than 150,000 national brand products from bandages to exam tables, plus McKesson's own line of high-quality medical-surgical products. We're proud to be the only national distributor serving the entire continuum of healthcare.
Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—by joining McKesson Medical-Surgical you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Your expertise, drive and passion can help us improve everything we touch, from providers to payors to pharmacies. You’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career.
McKesson is seeking a Category Manager to join our team in Richmond, VA.
The Category Manager is responsible for effectively managing assigned categories to meet the needs of customers and sales reps while optimizing overall profitability of the product categories. This position will be responsible for developing strategic alliances with key suppliers while formulating the optimal portfolio, including the appropriate Private Label mix.
- Develop, justify and promote strategies and tactics for assigned product categories by performing comprehensive analysis determining competitive market factors, customer demand trends, industry issues and trends, GPO influence, Private Label mix and new/potential technologies.
- Identify and select key trading partners by assessing their capability to further business and sales objectives.
- Responsible for supplier contracting process (Develop Requirements, Determine Strategies, Negotiations, Implementation, Managing ROI).
- Work closely with Marketing & Sales leaders to understand unique needs and challenges, determine customer programs, and define specific solutions and programs with key suppliers.
- Identify new product opportunities and work with Marketing to evaluate and introduce.
- Develop and implement category strategy plans.
- Identify opportunities to reduce costs, improve supply chain efficiencies, and facilitate cross-functional teams to accomplish objectives.
3+ years experience in areas such as product management, purchasing, marketing/sales, and or financeCritical Skills
- 3+ years experience in marketing, procurement, merchandising or category management
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office (Excel- Pivots, VLookups and PowerPoint)
Additional Knowledge & Skills
- Medical field experience preferred
- Strategic aptitude
- Negotiation skills
- General knowledge of company's products and services
- Excellent interpersonal skills and written/verbal skills
- Ability to collect and analyze data
- Solid understanding of supply chain operations and financial profitability levers
- Manage multiple projects requiring frequent communication, organization, time management, and problem solving
- Financial acumen
- Analytical mindset
Additional Knowledge & Skills
General knowledge of company's products and services, excellent interpersonal skills and written/verbal skills, ability to collect and analyze data. Solid understanding of supply chain operations and financial profitability levers. Manage multiple projects requiring frequent communication, organization, time management, and problem solving. Financial acumen and analytical.Education
4-year degree in business, finance, marketing, or related field, or equivalent experiencePhysical Requirements
General Office DemandsBenefits & Company Statement
McKesson believes superior performance – individual and team – that helps us drive innovations and solutions to promote better health should be recognized and rewarded. We provide a competitive compensation program to attract, retain and motivate a high-performance workforce, and it’s flexible enough to meet the different needs of our diverse employee population.
We are in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. We partner with payers, hospitals, physician offices, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies and others across the spectrum of care to build healthier organizations that deliver better care to patients in every setting.
But we can’t do it without you. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Talented, compassionate people are the future of our company—and of healthcare. At McKesson, you’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
McKesson is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer – minorities/females/veterans/persons with disabilities.
Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.Agency Statement
No agencies please.