Demand Xcelerator is a team that represents a transformation of Shopper Insights, Shopper Marketing, Category Leadership, and Space Engineering resources to support Sales and Marketing plans for enterprise, national, and regional customers across the PepsiCo portfolio. This approach allows us to build best-in-class capabilities, develop deep functional expertise, and offer focused programs to drive growth with our customers. The Demand Xcelerator will help PepsiCo provide our customers cutting edge data and insights, as well as, personalized solutions to drive incremental growth for both our customers and PepsiCo.
**This role can sit in either Plano, Chicago, or New York**
Great opportunity to join the PepsiCo sales team supporting the Circle K Category Leadership agenda. The Category Manager works closely with the Customer and Cross-functional PepsiCo teams to develop and execute category strategies based on shopper insights and trends to drive category and market share growth.
Lead category management and insights initiatives for the PepsiCo portfolio at Circle K with Beverage focus on cold vault strategy and joint business planning (JBP).
- Develop key customer advisory initiatives for Beverage and Snacks categories
- Collaborate with cross functional team (Sales, Insights, Shopper Marketing, Space Optimization) to create customized solutions
- Conduct detailed category decompositions and drive insights to action to unlock internal and external growth opportunities
- Develop fact based selling stories leveraging syndicated data sources and all available selling materials
- Produce post promotion analysis on major customer programs and other key initiatives
- Build and maintain long-term relationships with Circle K division buying teams through frequent contact, delivering actionable objective insights
- Bachelor's Degree required; MBA preferred
- 5+ years of Category Management experience
- 5+ years of experience in analyzing and interpreting data and team/project management
- Advisorship experience a plus
- Working knowledge of syndicated data via IRI and/or Nielsen required
- Understanding of shopper insights and panel data preferred
- Experience with Apollo and/or JDA Space Planning software preferred
- Strong leadership skills: the ability to proactively set and lead an insights agenda
- Strong analytical skills: the ability to link strategies and objectives to tactics
- Excellent communication skills: the ability to send and receive information clearly and concisely
- Strong planning/organizing skills: the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Teamwork is essential in this role as this person will work very closely with account sales leads, cross-functional teams as well as the retailer directly
- Must be proficient with PowerPoint and Excel, and able to utilize VLOOKUPS and other critical formulas in Excel
- Capacity to work independently in a fast-paced environment with a high degree of personal motivation analytical, critical thinking, and problem solving skills as well as great attention to detail
- Must be willing and able to travel 15-20% of the time
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
Eligible for Standard Relocation