Johnson & Johnson Consumer, Inc, a member of Johnson & Johnson’s Family of Companies, is currently recruiting for Category Manager eCommerce, Amazon to be located in Skillman, NJ.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies touches more than a billion people’s lives each day through our health care products and services, our corporate giving, and the volunteer efforts of our employees. The Johnson & Johnson Family of Consumer Companies develop and market beloved brands that address the needs of consumers and health care professionals worldwide. Our portfolio ranges across several distinct business units: Baby Care, Oral Care, Compromised Skin Care, Beauty, Feminine Care, and OTC products.
The Primary Role of the Category Manager eCommerce is to lead the development and delivery of objective insights that will accelerate category sales growth for Amazon.com and share growth for J&J. The Manager will do this by collaboratively planning, coordinating, and executing with the Amazon e-Commerce Sales leads and partnering with cross-functional resources.
The incumbent will be responsible for generating highly actionable business ready insights which will help support delivery of sales targets for the Amazon.com retail account. Responsibilities include development of performance scorecards, deep dive category business reviews, leveraging of custom shopper research to influence business plans, analyzing panel data and using analytic tools to develop specific sales driving recommendations.
The Amazon Category Manager will participate in the development of joint business plans that add value to both companies in ways that are aligned with J&J’s marketplace, business unit and enterprise objectives. A strong understanding of overall market place dynamics as well as deep knowledge of e-Commerce is required. The incumbent participates in special projects as assigned by the Team Leader.
• Primarily responsible for the development and delivery of insights generation to enable the Amazon sales team to achieve sales targets
• Leverage forecasting system to provide guidance to Leadership, Sales, Finance and Demand Planning about the impact of future planned activity
• Deliver best in class performance reporting for the Amazon to decompose weekly, monthly sales results across all available data sources
• Actively and collaboratively participates in customer meetings across all necessary functions to influence strategies
• Derives insights from media and search investments by evaluating performance results provided by Johnson & Johnson’s Media and Search partners, provide recommendations to improve effectiveness of each dollar spent
• Conduct pricing analysis looking at competitor and cross retailer pricing activity to develop and influence competitive strategies for the team
• Assist in leading custom research efforts by partnering with Shopper Insights and Analytics functions
• Research industry trends, seeking opportunities to bridge gaps in business objectives and push business forward
• Work with Amazon Customer Development Managers and Sales Strategy to manage weekly sales calendar and monthly sales forecasting
• Calculate ROI for each program and make recommendations based on results to increase sales, opt-ins, Average Order Size (AOS), Average Unit Sale (AUS), and repeat purchases
• Partner with Online Inventory Planning to maintain appropriate sell through and merchandising of limited life items and forecasting of new product launches
• Forecast and deliver on volume, costs, and revenue targets for all acquisition programs
• Collaborate on planning & support for optimal site exposure to elevate programs for best interaction and shopper engagement
• Supports delivery of financial objectives, primarily top line Sales growth, Contribution Margin and Trade spending within assigned area of responsibility
• Develops and supports industry-leading strategies, both short and long-term, with senior decision makers for the customer and company
• Collaborates with account teams and cross-functional partners to deliver category growth strategies, brand strategies and business results
• Complies with company policies and procedures at all times
• Minimum of a 4-year degree, MBA preferred
• Minimum of 5 years of total business experience is required as well experience turning insights into actionable results
• Experience with data analytics is required and an understanding of statistical modeling (SAS/SPSS) or forecasting is preferred
• Experience in Consumer Packaged Goods is preferred
• eCommerce and Digital Marketing experience is preferred
• Amazon experience and customer contacts preferred
• Experience with shopper panel data, retail site data, syndicated data sources (ACNielsen, IRI, Household Panel, RSi, Target Shopper Insights Tool)and business intelligence tools (Tableau, Cliqview, MicroStrategy, Cognos, etc.) is preferred
• Sales Strategy and Customer Management (Selling) experience within a CPG/Retail environment or other comparable industry is preferred.
• This person will sit in Skillman, NJ and will require up to 15% travel.
United States-New Jersey-Skillman
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)
Marketing & Sales
A little about us:
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.