Job Description: Location: This position will be based in Milwaukee, WI. Relocation assistance provided.
The Category Manager - Finished Goods will manage the supply and distribution of 3rd party materials Fire & Security products leveraged within the region/ field business. Activities include: cost control, planning and logistics. Regionally/Globally focused on approximate spend of $90 Million across multiple businesses/ sites (330 branch offices and 3rd party pass through product), with multi-commodities, and negotiates agreements based upon strategic fit and total cost of ownership (TCO). Manages medium to high technology commodities, manages high complexity supplier and SKU/Service portfolio. Maximizes the value-add of 3rd party suppliers through the creation and execution of sourcing strategies to support the business needs in local markets. Collaborates with internal stakeholders to identify business needs addressable through the utilization of third party suppliers. Builds and communicates market research relative to our industry. Ensures all products and services are procured on time with the right quality at the most competitive value. Leads the commercial negotiation and re-negotiation of a range of contracts in line with good practice and corporate directives.
Job Qualifications: REQUIREMENTS:
- Category Focus Cooling Towers, Boilers & Generators
- Assumes ownership & accountability for all elements of Tier 1-3 (including tail spend) supplier relationship with Tyco, servicing multiple BU's across NA
- Assumes ownership & accountability for all elements of select key strategic Tier 1 supplier relationship with Tyco, servicing multiple BU's globally
- Leverage knowledge of industry and business unit trends to define 3 year road map to savings and betterment initiatives
- Meet or exceed annual goals related to cost savings and trade working capital.
- Actively leads the category strategy development process to ensure that the category needs of North American business units are met
- Establishes and leads cross-functional teams that are critical to implementing savings initiatives related to materials.
- Actively collaborates with branch operation and sales leadership to identify and designing strategies which drive year-over-year performance improvements from suppliers providing products and services.
- Actively collaborates with plant operation leadership to identify and design strategies which drive year-over-year performance improvements from suppliers providing 3rd Party goods or pass through product
- Negotiates costs and terms assertively; engages local procurement teams & business coordinators to identify new savings opportunities, and Legal personnel to ensure contract development & closure and compliance with Tyco IP, security & privacy standards.
- Monitors compliance to internal and external (government and customer) regulations and reports - resolves identifies issues.
- Leads Quarterly Business Reviews with key strategic suppliers to provide feedback regarding supplier performance. Develop mitigation plans with suppliers, as needed.
- Responsible for reviewing supplier quality and collaborating with Johnson Control Quality team to ensure suppliers are exceeding quality metrics
- Leads Quarterly Business Reviews, pulling in cross-functional (Sales, Ops, Quality, etc.) Johnson Controls representation as needed, with key strategic suppliers to provide feedback regarding supplier performance. Develop mitigation plans with suppliers, as needed.
- Is responsible for building, maintaining and validating savings project pipeline that will meet or exceed our financial commitments.
- Manage and influence internal stakeholders that are involved in sourcing product.
- Manage, edit, review, approve contracts with key suppliers within their Category
- Prepares, reviews and analyzes RFP documents, leads or supports the negotiation process with key suppliers.
- Works with minimal supervision and may be assisted by entry and intermediate level employees.
- Drives strategies to support our overarching diversity goals and objectives.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director, North America Field & Indirect Category Management
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty adequately. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Experience within related commodities listed above is preferred
- Bachelor's degree in related field (Supply Chain, Logistics, and Operations Management)
- Minimum 6 years of experience in planning or purchasing.
- Good PC / software knowledge/skills Proficiency in Excel.
- Experience in cost analysis with strong analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and hold others accountable.
- Able to balance the needs of the organization with the needs of the customer.
- Can monitor and analyze progress to make and/or recommend changes as required.
- Ability to utilize reasoning and planning to understand a problem situation a nd implement corrective actions.
- Proven ability to drive change, identify and implement continuous improvement and sourcing processes.
- Travel is required
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.