Category Manager, Global Media Procurement
Johnson & Johnson is currently recruiting for a Category Manager, Global Media Procurement, to be located in any NJ/NY Johnson & Johnson office location, with a preference in New Brunswick, NJ or New York, NY.
The Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for 125 years. We embrace research and science – bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $70.1 billion in 2015 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world’s most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 127,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
BE VITAL in your career; be seen for the talent you bring to your work. Explore opportunities within the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies.
The Global Media Procurement Category Manager will be responsible for supporting the Global Media Category Lead and Global Media Supplier Relationship Management Lead in managing the category spend strategies for Johnson & Johnson Companies across the world. This individual will monitor, analyze and report on the organization’s activities and ability to deliver against targets for financial performance, quality, and service and compliance adherence.
The Category Manager’s scope of responsibilities includes:
• Assist in developing and driving the Global Media Procurement strategy for, with and through the stakeholder community
• Assist in executing the vision, strategy and implementation plan for a specific media category or sub-categories of spend, to ensure they effectively meet the long range requirements of the business partners, and deliver maximum value for JNJ.
• Interface directly with agency/supplier management to assure alignment of JNJ’s objectives are met, including quality, reliability, innovation and cost
• Partners with Global Media Category Lead and Global Media SRM Lead to deliver annual value improvements and drive competitive advantage.
• Consolidate global media value/savings results Enterprise-wide and assist in preparing quarterly reporting to senior leadership
• Develop relationships with strategic JNJ suppliers to include data review and analysis, performance management, development and improvement of end-to-end value, and bringing innovation to the business
• Escalate issues that may impact the Global Procurement organization.
Major responsibilities consist of the following:
• Work with Global Media SRM Lead to manage supplier relationships and contract negotiations, communicate strategy changes, execute joint collaboration initiatives, and monitor supplier performance
• Assist in the execution of category strategies to include: sourcing strategy execution, negotiations, contract implementation and performance against established targets
• Assist in the facilitation, development, implementation, and maintenance of processes, policies, guidelines, Standard Operating Procedures, and Business Operating Principles
• Assist in facilitating the reporting of global media spend, global media savings and value, and supplier performance to strategic supplier leadership
• Assist in managing & prioritizing of global Media Category key initiatives
• A Bachelor’s degree.
• A minimum of 5+ years of overall experience, with at least 2 years in a procurement, finance or related function.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to confidently present complex information.
• Strong analytical, sound judgment and strong decision making skills. A good problem-solver is a must.
• Demonstrated track record of delivering against targets and objectives.
• Demonstrated ethical mind-set and behavior.
• Ability to prioritize requests and propose effective cost and customer service alternatives when necessary.
• Ability to develop a high level of credibility with internal customers and with the supplier community.
• Broad based knowledge of core Procurement areas, particularly in Supplier Management.
• Demonstrated flexibility and willingness to respond to changes in the external environment.
• Experience in Media and/or Agencies and/or Marketing Finance
United States-New Jersey-New Brunswick
North America-United States-New York-New York
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)