Location: This position is located in Milwaukee WI. Relocation assistance provided.
Responsible for leading business unit teams in strategic planning, analysis and execution of consolidated procurement agreements and strategies that require evaluation of leading edge technology, extensive business opportunity and/or global application and coordination. Integrate supplier base with business processes and both negotiate and execute on agreements to leverage their capabilities and volume. Principle Duties:
- Negotiations: Serves on both negotiation teams and as chief negotiator. Agreements may be both global and business unit in scope.
- Technical Ability: Develops strategies and leads cross-functional business teams through a high level understanding of technology, value added engineering, industry and market conditions.
- Quality and Supplier Productivity: Pro-actively drive supplier productivity initiatives and jointly develop supplier quality road maps through the use of TQM principles.
- Teamwork: Serves as a team leader/motivator who seeks communication and diverse viewpoints.
- Control and approval of all program procurement activities and decision in line with customer demands an commodity strategies starting from phase 0 and over lifetime.
- Supplier Capability Management: Anticipates market changes and uses them to develop commodity plans that leverage supplier capability.
- Integrated Supplier Management: Leads cross-functional initiatives to link supplier capabilities to potential product development/ enhancement opportunities.
- Material Focus: Leads and facilitates cross-functional teams formulating material flow and logistics strategies to support manufacturing initiatives.
- Responsibility for achieving the business unit procurement goal - and action plans. Meet or exceed profit plan goals: cost savings, economics, quality, supplier rationalization, LCC % content and other agreed objectives.
- Lead, motivate, support and develop employees in the procurement organization
- Provide financial expertise/support in terms of supplier part specifications, tooling + investment budgets, customer conditions, cost tracking, etc. so that program targets and purchasing goals are met
- Guarantee supplier pricing control over the programs from phase 0-5 and over life time
- Coordinate the supply chain requirements e.g. when/how to source, early sourcing, cross program supplier selection etc.
- Guarantee integration and communication with global commodity teams.
- Ensure smooth project launches by controlling the acquisition, sourcing on time and in line with expectations until SOP
- Support of proper Make or Buy decisions
- Guarantee compliance with BOS, PDP and POS procedures
- In addition to the above mentioned tasks, other activities and responsibilities may be individually defined
1. Four years degree in Business, Engineering or related technical area.
2. Eight to ten years experience in purchasing or related discipline.
3. Several years of demonstrated experience in consolidated purchase agreements.
4. Demonstrated leadership skills in communications, strategic planning and supplier relations.
5. Strong negotiating skills.
6. Exposure to commodity sourcing activity.
7. MBA desired
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.