LOCATION: This position will be based in Milwaukee WI. Relocation assistance provided.
Commodity: Packaging with Annual Spend: $75M JOB SUMMARY:
Global category manager will have overall responsibility for developing and executing the global sourcing strategy for defined global categories. Identify and engage with internal stakeholders to define business requirements and objectives and tailor sourcing strategies to meet financial and non-financial business unit needs. Deliver annual category productivity improvement through price, continuous improvement projects and VA/VE (value analysis/value engineering). Ensure supply chain continuity through proactive risk mitigation. Conduct regular business reviews with suppliers to drive overall performance improvement. Act as a subject matter expert supporting New Product Introduction/Development teams within the global product business units. PRINCIPAL DUTIES:
- Responsible for developing detailed global category strategies.
- Ensure alignment of category strategies to business requirements and objectives
- Lead MBBP (Materials Best Business Practice) team for assigned categories driving best product, process and footprint. Optimize supply base composition globally.
- Conduct or support supplier contract negotiation, supplier selection and contract lifecycle management
- Act as a center of excellence for the respective categories through complete understanding of industry, competition, future technologies and innovations etc.
- Responsible for overall continuity of supply and active risk mitigation. Work with plants to resolve quality, delivery, capacity and other issues as required.
- Support make vs buy decisions
- Meet or exceed profit plan goals related to categories: cost savings, raw material economics, quality, supplier rationalization, LCC % content and other agreed objectives
- Lead monthly or quarterly category reviews with dotted line global category team across the product business units and regions.
- Bachelor degree required
- Min. 3-5 years in HVAC, engineering, large manufacturing or multi-industry global organization
- Capability to interface with senior leadership across regions both internally & externally
- In depth understanding of purchasing tools and practices
- Strong MS Office skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Costing knowledge/experience preferred
- Working knowledge of SAP or other equivalent ERP systems
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.