DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is seeking a Category Manager Strategic Sourcing, located in West Chester, PA or Bridgewater, NJ.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, more agile and better equipped to meet the needs of today’s evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own
This position reports to the Sr. Manager Strategic Sourcing and partner with key stakeholders in the segment and at enterprise level to drive strategic sourcing and specific project based initiatives. The initiatives include but not only limited to cost productivity, process improvements and leading the strategic frame work in developing world class supply chain practices.
The key responsibilities include:
• Assist in developing and implementing sourcing strategy for assigned product family and suppliers
• Assist in developing strategic frame work for global supplier base for product family and develop supply chain risk strategy based on geographical location, financial stability, commodity index, process capability, capacity and strategic growth
• Support and manage specific projects with multiple work streams and in area of major supply chain transformation between external suppliers, outsourcing (make vs. buy) and insourcing of components and finished medical devices
• Partner in diagnosis of value creation opportunities in resourcing activities with senior leadership and external partners
• In supporting assigned project or initiative, this position requires coordination between various departments in integrated supply chain, external supplier partners and engineering to ensure the delivery of tasks related to project. Ensure flawless execution of the projects
• Ensure seamless integration of tasks with enterprise PMO in Global Orthopedics and develop a review mechanism on project updates
• Independently manage the complexities of the project and also expected to coordinate with key stakeholders to resolve conflicts to ensure delivery of project
• Support and participate direct negotiations with suppliers using advance negotiation tools like Should Cost Model, VA/VE and DtV
• Engage category leadership to ensure selection of suppliers follows the long term preferred supplier strategy
• Engage internal resources to explore Best Cost Country Sourcing options to improve value to the overall project.
• Ensure decisions are made based on Total Cost of Acquisition
• Coordinate with legal CoE to execute supply contracts with suppliers
• Periodically communicate the project status at various levels within the organization
• Interact effectively and develop relationships with internal and external resources at multiple levels
• Provide advisory services to project team to facilitate optimal solutions and recommendations
• Participate and facilitate creating strategic sourcing roadmap with clear strategy and deliverables focusing sourcing innovation, next generation supplier collaboration, source rebalancing and supply chain risk mitigation
• Coordinate product family and supplier strategy with global category and external manufacturing strategy and maximize the application of standard procedures and category management playbook
• Represent J&J extensively with external companies and must maintain strict discipline with regard to confidential/sensitive information and must maintain strongest code of ethics
• Interface and negotiate with senior management of the Suppliers
• Act as Advisor and Consultant to senior J&J leaders in areas of current and future supply trends
• Ensure periodic project and product family progress reviews including supplier and global orthopedics leadership teamQualifications
• Bachelor’s degree.
• Minimum of 5 years relevant experience in program management, resourcing, manufacturing transfers and direct negotiations
• Experience in direct material strategic sourcing
• Proven ability to influence/collaborate with excellent interpersonal and negotiating skills
• Analytical-absorb information & solve complex problems quickly is a must
• Leadership skills such as, setting direction, influencing, goal alignment, lead & influence others in a matrix organization
• Excellent MS Office Suite experience
• Proven experience working across levels in the organization and leading project presentation to leadership team
• Must have creative & decisive problem solving skills, and proven ability to influence/collaborate to get to desired result.
• Proven leadership and collaboration skills and proven talent and team development skills
• Excellent written, oral, and presentation skills
• Ability to travel up to 30% of time mostly in-region and some global travel
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering, supply chain, business administration, operations, finance or engineering.
• MBA or Master’s degree equivalent
• Experience in manufacturing environment and process engineering
• Change leadership expertise
• Experience in precision metal commodity based component sourcing
• Experience in influencing and collaboration. Primary Location
United States-Pennsylvania-West ChesterOther Locations
North America-United States-New Jersey-BridgewaterOrganization
Depuy Orthopaedics. Inc. (6029)Job Function
Strategic Sourcing/LogisticsRequisition ID