Symantec Corporation is a global leader in cyber security solutions. We operate the largest civilian cyber intelligence threat network in the world that positions us to proactively address where companies are most vulnerable, and we're developing new offerings in key growing markets such as mobile, cloud, appliances, data-loss prevention, managed security services and authentication.
Protecting the world's information requires great people. There are people in 50 countries working on products and services that protect what matters most-from the most important information of the Fortune 500 to your family photos. Everything we do begins with what we've learned about keeping people's information secure.
With the explosion of cloud services and the proliferation of mobile applications, enterprise security has never been more important. Symantec as the #1 enterprise security platform is uniquely placed to drive innovation and shape the industry.Position Summary:
The ideal candidate will have tenured procurement competence, strong business acumen and experience in supporting Technology Categories. The candidate must be customer centric and be able to balance the demands of a rapidly growing, complex environment. The Category Manager will support the Global Category Lead for all Technology areas including Hardware, Software, IT Services, and Telecommunications.
This position will impact the performance of the Technology Category and the businesses supported by achieving targeted business results for all projects, initiatives and work efforts under his/her control. The Category Manager will lead sourcing projects and will be expected to negotiate and deliver savings and efficiencies for the assigned category.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Knowledge & Experience:
- Develop and establish global the category strategy for assigned spend areas
- Identify savings opportunities and present them to business partners and Global Sourcing leadership for implementation
- Utilize multi-step strategic sourcing methodologies to drive sourcing projects to completion
- Recommend the best commercial framework for the business requirements collected
- Act as subject matter expert in assigned areas of spend
- Work with the data analytics team to analyze key inputs including business needs, volume projections, and market/supply base benchmarks and trends.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to lead the negotiation of contracts, Statements of Work etc.
- Drive improvement through regular Supplier Performance Reviews
- Report to Management on key business metrics and potential business issues
- Degree: BA/BS in Finance or a technical field
- Advanced degree preferred
- 5+ years managing Technology as a Category Manager
- Demonstrated ability to set and meet goals
- Proven track record in delivering savings and efficiencies
- Previous Spend Responsibility: $200+ million
- Consulting experience a plus
Skills & Ability:
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams without formal authority and/or title
- Above average data analysis and manipulation skills - Excel expert
- Demonstrated ability to think globally/strategically, turn information into effective strategies and drive results
- Experience is communicating effectively with both executives and individual contributors / team members
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions
- Strong organizational and multitasking capabilities
Symantec is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
A little about us:
Join the leader in cyber security. At Symantec, you will make the world a safer place by helping people, businesses, and governments protect and manage their information so they can focus on achieving their goals.