Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: Sysco Memphis
Zip Code: 38118
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 1
Travel Percentage: Up to 25%
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
Responsible for forecasting, purchasing, controlling, and coordinating a continuous inventory to meet the Company's financial goals and objectives while achieving OpCo service and inventory goals.
Supports the merchandising functions assortment and demand changes with appropriate forecast management.
Primary areas of responsibility
- Maintain local inventory levels while maximizing customer service levels
- Manage and process purchase orders in compliance with corporate guidelines
- Work with logistics team to maximize supply chain efficiencies
- Work with operations to develop programs to maximize efficiencies of receiving and warehousing
- Manage OpCo level SKU count
- Execute purchasing of new items and demand changes timely for customer events, business shifts, and seasonality changes
- Resolve replenishment issues
- Manage returns to suppliers and supplier inventory allowances
- Follow and react to market conditions within established corporate and market guidelines
- Manage Inventory DSO, aged inventory, obsolete inventory, and discontinued items to achieve corporate goals
- Manage forecasting and demand planning
- Manage to reduce spoilage and shrink inventory
- Manage and monitor timely PO costing accuracy, including freight rates
- Execute and support product recalls as required
- Planner 1 Vendor direct 1800 lines RDC 2500 lines
- High school diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience in lieu of degree sufficient to successfully perform essential job functions required
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- 1+ years experience
- Purchasing/merchandising experience required
- Experience working within a retail, wholesale or distribution environment required
- Strong communication skills with sales on any gaps in product service level
- Ability to work with multiple stakeholders across the enterprise
- Ability to understand and execute the standard replenishment processes and best practices
- Strong tactical replenishment execution skills
- Ability to negotiate with suppliers to execute the inventory depletion process
- Strong attention to details and follow up
- Strong understanding of product forecasting
- Strong Excel skills preferred
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.
Employment Type: Full Time