Air Products and Chemicals, Inc., a Fortune 500 manufacturer of industrial gases, has an immediate opening for a Category Sourcing Specialist - Plant Equipment
at our Corporate Headquarters in Allentown, Pennsylvania.
The Air Products Corporate Headquarters is centrally located between NY and Philadelphia and is accessible from several major highways. The 2000 employees at this location enjoy benefits of an onsite fitness center and cafeteria services, participation in Employee Resource Groups, company sponsored events and volunteer activities.
View this video to learn more about the company culture: Air Products: Working here. Living here. Giving here.https://youtu.be/zArzLr34tiA
The Category Sourcing Specialist leads the strategic sourcing activities for all Plant Equipment categories. The specialist will develop category sourcing strategies with the goal of optimizing total cost of ownership. The specialist works closely with internal business partners to develop effective cost reduction strategies and implementation plans. A main responsibility of the specialist is to utilize strategic sourcing best practices to capture savings while making effective supply base decisions. This includes direct cost savings, cost avoidance and applying commercial and operational TCO levers to reduce cost and manage suppliers.
The Category Sourcing Specialist is responsible for developing the category sourcing strategies and for ensuring they are translated into effective regional practices for the following categories:
- Motors and motor servicing
- Cooling Towers
- Equipment Disposal
- Develop, negotiate, implement, and progress sourcing strategies and procurement plans consistent with business strategy and supply chain service level objectives.
- Responsible for driving and achieving cost savings, cost avoidance and TCO savings targets
- Lead supplier discovery and development work with engineering, operations and procurement teams to meet project and business needs to create or strengthen competitive advantage for the corporation.
- Lead commercial negotiations with suppliers; act as commercial liaison between suppliers and internal business partners (engineering, projects, legal, quality, manufacturing, etc.)
- Develop and lead sourcing projects for acquisitions, entrance into new low cost countries, and introduction of new technology for our existing and new growth markets in IG Americas as well as supporting or leading global sourcing campaigns (for some commodities).
- Collaborate with suppliers and SME's to obtain
- Monitor, communicate, and respond to changing market conditions and business drivers on a regional / global basis to maximize leverage and minimize risk of supply disruptions.
- Manage supplier performance in conjunction with the Supply Chain through performance metrics and structured service level reviews; maintain interface at senior levels of supplier's organization. Drive supplier relationship management activities in compliance with our code of conduct
- Identify and implement intra-company and world-class best practices that accelerate our ability to more efficiently serve our customers.
- Develop and implement equipment disposal strategy for strategic equipment including fleet tractors, trailers and plant equipment.
- This position requires a BS degree in business, engineering or relevant work experience.
- The incumbent must have a minimum of 5-10 years of relevant working experience with a strong knowledge of electrical equipment, fabricated equipment and machinery. Experience working in the chemicals and/or gases industry is a plus but not required.
- Knowledge of strategic sourcing and procurement work processes.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong computer skills including use of MS office applications; familiarity with Qlikview also preferred
- Intimate knowledge of SAP preferred
- Superior communication and negotiation skills essential
- Ability to develop strong relationships with internal business partners and suppliers
- Must be able to lead the efforts of groups outside his/her immediate span of control. Position must be willing to travel.
- Fluency in English and being multi-lingual is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal verbal and written skills are essential
- Very strong business acumen and strategic thinking skills are prerequisite.
- The ability to process varied and unique data and work process information and then develop workable strategies to leverage this data into procurement programs that benefit affected business units
Air Products (NYSE:APD) is a world-leading Industrial Gases company in operation for over 75 years. The Company's core industrial gases business provides atmospheric and process gases and related equipment to manufacturing markets, including refining and petrochemical, metals, electronics, and food and beverage. Air Products is also the world's leading supplier of liquefied natural gas process technology and equipment. The Company had fiscal 2017 sales of $8.2 billion from continuing operations in 50 countries and has a current market capitalization of approximately $30 billion. Approximately 15,000 passionate, talented and committed employees from a diversity of backgrounds are driven by Air Products' higher purpose to create innovative solutions that benefit the environment, enhance sustainability and address the challenges facing customers, communities and the world.
To apply for this position, please visit the Air Products Career Center. Click on the link Search job openings from the left navigation bar. You can apply specifically to Job Req #22045BR. If you are a current Air Products employee, please apply via APOnline by clicking on Online Applications, then selecting Career Center.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those applicants who are being considered for an interview, or are currently employed by Air Products, will be contacted.
Air Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer (U.S.) All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, citizenship, gender, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or veteran status.