Overview: Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter .
Description: About Higher Education
When it comes to on-campus dining, facilities services, sport arenas and conference center services, Aramark is the real head of the class. Partnering with close to 600 colleges and universities throughout the United States, we strive to provide the best residential, retail, and catering options, service and facilities for students, faculty and administrator. Our programs are second to none in their innovation, excellence and results. As part of our commitment, we are determined to build and develop the best team of professionals in the industry - people who aren't afraid of spearheading change, who know how to lead and who appreciate endless opportunity. Position Description:
Responsible for planning and managing all aspects of a catering operation. Individual is tasked with establishing, maintaining, and driving short and long term strategic and operational plans, while ensuring that all Higher Education catering brand standards and initiatives are consistently achieved. Scope of Role:
Level of impact is within own campus component. Operations vary in size and diversity. Total managed volume generally ranges from $500K-$3M, generated in one central production and operating location with additional potential satellite service locations. Generally manages 1-4 managers directly and 20+ hourly, part-time, and student employees indirectly. Key Responsibilities:
- Develop and be accountable for a safety culture that creates a work environment where no one gets hurt.
- Supervise total catering operations to include such duties as booking events, supervising sales / support staff, developing, selecting and costing menus, pricing, staff selection / development, and departmental administration.
- Supervise all aspects of preparation, service, and cleanup for catering operations.
- Directly supervise catering staff with responsibility for hiring, training, discipline, communication, performance management, retention, and administration.
- Ensure establishment, communication, and compliance of appropriate sanitation and safety standards.
- Assist with components catering forecasts and develops strategies / plans for achieving, including but not limited to development and implementation of a comprehensive marketing plan with associated collateral.
- Responsible for timely and accurate reporting and communication of all catering related revenue, expenses, and receivables.
- Maintain records to comply with Aramark, government, and accrediting agency standards.
- Interact with Client Management and maintains effective client and customer relations at all levels with client organization.
- May participate in sales process and negotiation of contracts.
- Look for opportunities to implement new products and services to support base business growth and client retention.
- Keep abreast of and advise client, customers, and staff on current catering trends and products.
- Ensure implementation of and adherence to all Aramark OpX catering initiatives and guidelines.
Qualifications: Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree (and/or requisite industry and management experience).
- Minimum of five years operational experience in hotel/banquet setting required.
- Current ServSafe and TIPS/TABS certification required.
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.