Overview: About Aramark
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Description: Job Summary:
An Event Leader is responsible for managing and supervising catered events. Event Leaders are responsible for packing up the necessary equipment needed for a function, ensuring set up and service are done properly, as well as supervising and assisting in clean up. Essential Tasks & Responsibilities:
Additional Job Functions:
- Supervising and directs catering supervisors and wait staff to ensure function is set up correctly, all necessary equipment is present, and proper execution for service
- Manages the actual event from start to finish, overseeing the wait staff to make sure customers are receiving the highest level of service
- Coordinates transportation of food, beverages, and equipment
- Supervises in the clean up and return of all catering supplies, including alcohol, from each event
- Assists in the development and training of all new hires through on the job training and special instruction sessions
- Follows all sanitation and safety procedures
- Report any and all accidents and injuries to management immediately
- Adhere to and uphold all policies and procedures described in the Employee Handbook and report any violations to the manager
- Perform job in a safe manner while following all established safety rules
- Perform other requests and assignments as requested by management
- Maintain positive and professional interaction with co-workers and customers
- Be aware of customer needs and assist them as much as possible with their requests
- Must have prior service experience
- Must have a valid Driver's License
- Communicates with co-workers and customers in a professional and courteous manner
- Strong customer service skills
- Must be responsible in performing job duties
- Must be able to accept information and instruction from customers and superiors in a positive manner
- Able to lift a maximum of 50 lbs with frequent lifting/carrying objects up to 25 lbs.
Little or No Travel (>10%) Lifting Requirements:
LIGHT: Lifting 20 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects up to 10 pounds. Physical Requirements:
Keying / Fingering: Constant
Lifting: Frequent Aramark is an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION employer.
Candidates are considered for employment with Aramark without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military status, protected veteran status or other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.