**Sodexo is seeking a Catering Manager to support our busy catering department on the campus of Ithaca College.** Ithaca has a full-service catering department that serves over 3,000 events annually and is a showcase catering program. Reporting to the Catering Director, the Catering Manager will work with the Sodexo staff and university clients to coordinate and execute all catering events. Catering can consist of multiple events daily and can range from coffee/breakfast service, buffets and platted dinners for large groups, events for school club/organizations to caterings for outside organizations. This manager will be responsible for the oversight of the student catering employees and will train and schedule students base on event needs. Catering volume at $1.2M annual.
**The best qualified candidate will have the following:**
- Hands on College/University or hotel catering and catering management experience
- Experience with both casual and fine dining banquet management
- Experience training and leading a catering staff
- Experience with catering set up and execution
- Experience coordinating and executing multiple events daily
- Experience with labor controls
- Excellent customer and client relations skills
_**_ _Work schedule must be flexible to meet catering needs. Shifts may range from early morning to late evening_ _._
Oversight of catering activities for a small to mid-size location/unit with $500k-$1M in managed catering volume. Medium complexity with a high degree of hands on involvement in catering events. Strong client interaction.
- Oversight of Sodexo resources, recipes, systems and use of catering programs to direct daily catering events including; food production, inventory, product deliveries, invoices, and procurement operations.
- Oversight of the sales process for catering and/or conference service events. Works with client and customers to design events.
- Ensures employees have appropriate equipment, supplies and resources to perform their job, and meet goals, cost controls and deadlines as assigned.
- Establishes and maintains a safe work environment including both food and physical safety in order to comply with all regulatory and Sodexo standards in various environments. Drives the Zero Harm mindset.
- Complies with budget requirements by controlling costs (i.e. labor, inventory, equipment, materials) and making adjustments when necessary
- Supervises employees by delegating, assigning and prioritizing activities, and monitoring operating standards
**Qualifications & Requirements**
Basic Education Requirement - High School Diploma or GED
Basic Management Experience - 1 year
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.
**System ID** _66887_
**Category** _Food Service_
**Relocation Type** _Yes - According to Grade_
**Employment Status** _Full-Time_
A little about us:
Sodexo is a people-oriented company that places the quality of life of its people, customers and clients at the center of its mission.