Overview: About Aramark
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter .
Description: About Higher Education:
When it comes to on-campus dining, facilities services, sport arenas and conference center services, Aramark is the real head of the class. Partnering with close to 600 colleges and universities throughout the United States, we strive to provide the best residential, retail, and catering options, service and facilities for students, faculty and administrator. Our programs are second to none in their innovation, excellence and results. As part of our commitment, we are determined to build and develop the best team of professionals in the industry - people who aren't afraid of spearheading change, who know how to lead and who appreciate endless opportunity.
We are currently seeking a Catering Manager
for the Aramark operation at Mount Ida College
in Newton, MA. Job Summary:
Management position, responsible for developing and executing catering solutions to meet customer needs. Facilitate the delivery of prepared food created from an event-specific work order or in a room service environment. Core Job Duties/Responsibilities:
- Leadership: Ensure catering operations connect to the Executional Framework. Deliver consistent quality in planning and execution of events. Leverage established company solutions to ensure consistency, quality and efficiency within consumer driven offerings. Manage catering team to ensure quality in final presentation of food. Train new team members to learn procedures and brand standards for all tasks. Monitor employee performance and provide regular performance feedback. Coach employees by creating a shared understanding about what needs to be achieved and how to execute. Reward and recognize employees. Hold regular meetings with catering team. Complete and maintain all staff records including training records, schedules and performance data.
- Client Relationship: Develop and maintain effective client and customer rapport for mutually beneficial business relationships. Demonstrate excellent customer service using Aramark's standard model. Implement communication strategy as provided by marketing team in order to build catering revenue.
- Financial Performance: Support delivery of food and labor targets through accurate reporting of operational budgets and collection of account receivables.
- Productivity: Coordinate and oversee internal and external catering events, in conjunction with culinary team. Maintain the POS system and ensure staff is trained to operate it efficiently. Plan and forecast using operations systems and software. Plan, procure and execute themed events. Comply with Operational Excellence fundamentals, including food and labor.
Additional Position Duties/Responsibilities:
- Compliance: Ensure compliance with Aramark food, occupational and environmental safety policies in all culinary and kitchen operations. Comply with all applicable policies, rules and regulations, including but not limited to those relating to safety, health, wage and hour.
- Labor Scheduling and Labor Compliance
- Assistance with Residential Dining Program
- Requires at least 2 years experience and prior experience in a management role
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
Must be willing to work a flexible schedule that includes evenings and weekends Preferred Qualifications:
- Operational experience in a hotel/banquet setting
- Current ServSafe and TIPS/TABS certification
- TIPS Certified
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.