Overview: Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter .
Description: Position Summary:
This position is a key support role for our Catering Department. Responsibilities include; gathering information from clients conducting business at US Bank Stadium. This position is the key contact to our clients in all aspects of planning, creating banquet event orders, timelines, vendor services, billing and invoicing, The primary focus for this role will be Food and Beverage. Further the Catering Sales & Events Coordinator ensures executional excellence on all aspects of the special event planning, communication, guest service, and execution. Essential Functions:
- Partners with the Director of Catering to transition definite bookings between the Sales Department and Operations Teams , Facilities, Culinary, Special Events etc.)
- Gathers all pertinent information from clientele.
- Manages the space requirements, while being cognizant of the properties space availability.
- Must be able to work flexible hours including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Monitors deadlines and follows-up with each client to ensure guarantees on meal and guest counts.
- Distributes BEO's to client/customer for review and signed approval. Each booking is to have a signed BEO in each file.
- Distributes all information gathered on meetings, banquets and special events to operations staff (Lodging, Facilities, Culinary, Special Events) at least seven (7) days in advance of the group's arrival.
- Works with the on-site support staff for each of the meetings, banquets or special events resolving any concerns that arise during their event.
- Meets with the applicable departments on a weekly basis reviewing all logistics and needs for the following week.
- Arrives no less than 45 minutes prior to the start of an assigned event to greet the on-site contact, and inspects all meeting/banquet space before the start of the event ensuring that the location(s) has been set-up properly, in accordance with the BEO's, and takes measures to adjust/correct before group's arrival.
- Checks-in with meeting/banquet contact periodically throughout the event to gauge needs and satisfaction.
- Provides Accounting with a final bill that is accurate and submitted timely by 9:00 a.m. the day following the completion of an event.
- Ensures that all vendor invoices are properly aligned with a purchase order and turned into the accounting department on a weekly basis.
- Archives old booking files within one week following an event.
- Attends and participates in all required meetings.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required
- Food & Beverage background preferred
- 3-5 years sales and service experience in a Hotel, Convention Center and/or Banquet Site.
- Professional demeanor, excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High aptitude for learning new computer programs quickly
- Proven attention to details and ability to multi-task is essential.
SMS Systems Travel Requirements:
0% Lifting Requirements:
LIGHT - Lifting 20 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects up to 10 pounds Physical Requirements:
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.