Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter . Description Position Summary:
The Catering Service Worker is responsible for event set-up, transporting equipment and food to the event location, serving guests during the event, and breaking down/cleaning up after the event. Essential functions and responsibilities of the position may vary by Aramark location based on client requirements and business needs. Essential Functions:
- Set up of catering service according to client/customer requests and banquet event orders
- Serves food and beverage to guests
- Maintains appearance and cleanliness of food service areas during event
- Replenishes food and beverage product during event
- Breaks down and cleans food service areas and equipment post event; returns equipment to proper storage area
- Provides excellent customer service, anticipating guests' needs
- Maintains a positive attitude towards guests, customers, clients, co-workers, etc.
- Adheres to Aramark safety policies and procedures including proper food safety and sanitation
- Ensures security of company assets
- Other duties and tasks as assigned by manager
- Previous experience as a server in or food service role preferred
- Demonstrates excellent customer service skills
- Demonstrates excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal
- Working knowledge of food safety principles and procedures
- Must be able to obtain a food safety certification
- Requires constant standing and walking
- Requires frequent lifting of up to 25 lbs.
- Requires occasional lifting of up to 50 lbs.
- Must be available to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.