Overview: About Aramark
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Description: Job Summary:
The Catering Supervisor is responsible for supervision and support in planning catering events of varying sizes and levels in both central and satellite locations. Ensures that all catering brand standards and initiatives are consistently achieved. Essential Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Ensure flawless execuation of catering events through hands-on leadership of catering staff from set-up, service and breakdown of catering events.
- Ensure all catering equipment is properly stored, cleaned and polished after each event.
- Develops and is accountable for a safety culture that creates a work environment where no one gets hurt. Directly supervises catering operations including such duties as coordination of staff and rental equipment, set-up, preparation, service, and break down of catered foods, beverages, and events of varying size and complexity.
- Assists with hiring, discipline, and performance reviews.
- Coordinates activities with other internal departments. Participates in management team meetings. Interfaces with vendors and key service users within client organization.
- Facilitate external customer relations; represents Aramark and the client at any and all events.
- Ensures that appropriate sanitation, organization, and safety standards are met through the use of checklists, hands-on supervision, and follow-up.
- Participates in all catering training programs; helps to develop and implement training programs for hourly, part-time, and student employees.
- Aid in implementation and adherence to all Aramark OpX Catering initiatives and guidelines.
- This is a very hands-on position. This person executes catering events in which they may handle a small catering drop bythemselves or large catering events where they are directing a staff of up to 20 employees
- Minimum of two years operational experience in a hotel/banquet setting required.
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.