Overview About Aramark
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter. Description
Essential Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Job Summary: Catering/Suites Supervisor is responsible for the efficient operation of all catering functions at the facility. Responsible for the supervision, training, and management of front of house catering employees.
- Produce and maintain work schedules and may prepare production records.
- Direct daily catering/suite activities.
- Performs catering office functions that may include taking customer's orders, assisting customer's to ensure their satisfaction and executing functions as needed.
- Enters, edits and distributes all catering orders to the appropriate internal departments in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all food items are served per menu specifications in a safe and appropriate manner according to departmental policies and procedures.
- Maintain a sanitary department following health and safety codes and regulations.
- Supervise and evaluate employees; counsel; promote employee growth, efficiency, morale, and teamwork.
- Maintain a safe and hazard-free working environment.
- Train/mentor other food service workers.
- Maintain knowledge of daily caterings and see they are prepared and delivered on time.
- Perform other duties as requested by the Executive Chef or General Manager whenever his/her skill and/or experience would be necessary to initiate, coordinate, or complete any given program.
- Exhibit and practice the highest level of guest satisfaction skills
- Basic accounting knowledge and experience managing inventory required
- Willing to accept change, new procedures, and constructive comments
- Ability to build relationships with guests and co-workers
- Demonstrated organizational skills to improve efficiency
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks, meet production/service time schedules, and adapt to necessary and unforeseen changes
- Demonstrate consistent professionalism in the execution of daily assignments
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends.
- Minimum of two years operational experience in a hotel/banquet setting required.
- Prior experience with booking of events preferred.
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.