Overview: About Aramark
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Description: Job Summary:
To lead and direct the Conference Services and Catering staff in maintaining and exceeding the highest quality standards on a daily basis. Responsible for the organization and supervision of the Conference Services and Catering staff. Tasks include attending all operations department meetings, maintenance and organization of function sheets, supervision of all designated Conference Services staff duties.
This position also is responsible for supervision and support in planning catering events of varying sizes and levels in both central and satellite locations. Ensures that all catering brand standards and initiatives are consistently achieved. Essential Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Develops and is accountable for a safety culture that creates a work environment where no one gets hurt. Directly supervises catering operations including such duties as coordination of staff and rental equipment, set-up, preparation, service, and break down of catered foods, beverages, and events of varying size and complexity.
- High level of customer interaction and service.
- Book rooms and catering as needed by using Aramark defined systems and resources, if client specific resources are being used ensure they are meeting the standard. Assist clients in room booking/catering as needed but encourage use of online systems.
- Must be able to understand safety rules, ARAMARK Alcohol Regulations, ARAMARK Credit/Debit Card Policy, ARAMARK Cash Handling Policy, operating and maintenance instructions and procedures
- Ensure operation is clean and tour-ready at all times
- Booking of events, selecting and costing menu items, and pricing as needed.
- Assists with hiring, discipline, and performance reviews.
- Coordinates activities with other internal departments. Participates in management team meetings. Interfaces with vendors and key service users within client organization.
- Facilitate external customer relations
- Ensures that appropriate sanitation, organization, and safety standards are met through the use of checklists, hands-on supervision, and follow-up.
- Participates in all catering training programs; helps to develop and implement training programs for hourly, part-time, and student employees.
- Aid in implementation and adherence to all Aramark OpX Catering initiatives and guidelines.
- Understand, follow and enforces all Aramark and location policies and procedures.
- Ensures that emergency procedures are understood so that in the event of an emergency, the procedures are executed with accuracy and in a timely fashion.
- Ensures that all safety procedures are understood and followed to maintain a safe working environment.
- Participation in all operational department meetings
- Organization and distribution of daily function sheets to Conference Services staff and culinary teams as needed.
- Review function sheets for accuracy or discrepancies and assign tasks based on functions and events.
- Daily inspection of all rooms, ensuring accurate logistics set up as well as adherence to standards established for room set ups.
- Represents Aramark and the location in such a manner as to enhance their reputation.
- Makes sure rooms are clean and pass the standard quality assurance before a workshop or breakout session is to begin. This includes but is not limited to; floors being vacuumed and free of stains, walls being cleaned, windows being clean, and all lights working.
- Reports any maintenance items by completing a work order to maintenance.
- Makes sure all breakouts and workshop rooms are up to par on all meeting room supplies.
- Assists any guests by answering their questions. If unable to answer questions find someone who can.
- Consistently strives to improve the communication process
- Maintains a high level of morale and cooperation.
- Uses good judgment, common sense, and fairness in decisions with employees.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Assist with scheduling conference services staff based on functions and events in conjunction with the food service director.
- Availability to assist when overtime is necessary.
- Prior experience with booking of events preferred.
- Requires a positive attitude, strong work ethic, and a willingness to do what it takes to achieve the required results.
- Two years of experience as a Banquet Set-up Person and one year of experience as a Banquet Captain at a hotel is preferred.
- Must be able to read, write, and clearly speak English.
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.