Cardiovascular Tech - Cardiac Cath Lab
Work Schedule : Full-Time, Days from 7am-3pm with Rotating Call
Location : Medical City Frisco Hospital
Cardiovascular Tech Job Responsibilities :
- Performs technical skills through education & expertise.
- Documents & comm. data in concise manner.
- Develops individual goal-directed care to cardiac patient through use of assessment and technical skills.
- Responsible for the Lab when manager is not available.
- Preceptor for new hires and current Tech's.
- Competent in both Diagnostic and Interventional Cathlab job duties.
- Witness for waste of drugs in the automated drug delivery system to include narcotics.
- Attendance and being on time, ready to work your scheduled hours is an essential job function.
Cardiovascular Tech Job Requirements/Certifications :
- Education: High school diploma/GED preferred
- Licensure/certification/registration: BCLS & ACLS; prefer RCVT or RT
- Experience: 2 years in cath lab
- Special Skills & Qualifications: Ability to listen, interact and communicate verbally and in writing.
Ages of Patient Served : 1 - 11 years (Child/Pediatric) 12 -17 years (Adolescent) 18 - 64 years (Adult) 65 years and older (Geriatric)
Mental and Emotional Requirements : The incumbent must manage stress appropriately, make decisions under pressure, manage anger/fear/hostility/violence, handle multiple priorities and be able to work alone.
Environmental Conditions : The incumbent may be exposed to toxics/caustics/chemicals/detergents, moving mechanical parts, potential electrical shock, x-ray/electromagnetic energy, communicable diseases and blood borne pathogens. The incumbent will spend approximately 75% of their time indoors.
Physical Demands : Very Heavy Work: Lifting objects in excess of 100 lbs. with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing 50 lbs or more. Ability to lift, push and pull with assistance (mechanical or co-worker), the weight of the average patient specific to the department. This position also requires that the incumbent, on some occasions, must be able to lift and/or carry items up to 25 pounds, push or pull items having a maximum weight of 50 pounds and be able to stoop, bend or kneel as necessary. During normal execution of the responsibilities of this job, the incumbent will sit approximately 20% of the time, stand 50% of the time and walk 30% of the time. This position will also require repetitive arm/hand movements and the incumbent must have visual acuity for near objects.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom