About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a diversified, community-based financial services company with $2 trillion in assets. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 8,500 locations, 13,000 ATMs, and the internet (wellsfargo.com) and mobile banking, and has offices in 42 countries and territories to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. With approximately 273,000 team members, Wells Fargo serves one in three households in the United States. Wells Fargo & Company was ranked No. 27 on Fortune’s 2016 rankings of America’s largest corporations. Wells Fargo’s vision is to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. News, insights and perspectives from Wells Fargo are also available at Wells Fargo Stories.
Wells Fargo Community Banking
Community Banking operates one of the most extensive banking franchises in the United States. Our service culture is the foundation of everything we do. Our focus is on delivering an exceptional experience for our customers and providing the products and services that will help them realize their financial hopes and dreams. Our team is empowered with resources that directly align with our customers’ needs, enabling us to understand their financial needs and recommend the right products and services to help them succeed financially at every stage of their lives.
Community Banking offers a wide array of products and services designed to help our customers achieve their financial goals. They include checking and savings accounts; CDs; card-free ATMs, debit and prepaid products; digital products and services; mobile banking, Online Banking and Bill Pay, and remittance products.
Community Banking includes Strategy and Administration; Customer and Branch Experience; the Customer Remediation Office; Distribution Strategy Group; Regional Banking; Regional Services; and Customer Segments, which includes Affluent Customer Segment, Wells Fargo at Worksm, Practice Finance, and Small Business, supporting customers with up to $5MM in annual revenue through Small Business Lending, Business Payroll, Regional Business Relationship Management, and Small Business Strategy and Development functions.
This leader will serve as the Customer Experience Planning Leader for Community Banking responsible for developing, socializing, monitoring and supporting execution of our customer experience strategy for the Community Bank with a goal of providing an exceptional experience to our customers and a goal of continuously improving the customer experience and customer loyalty.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Create organization-wide awareness around Customer Experience. Serve as catalyst for providing needed attention across the country.
- Study external companies known for delivering an exceptional customer experience and leverage external new ideas in Community Banking; attend customer experience conferences for same purpose
- In partnership with Community Bank Strategy Team, conduct competitive analysis on other financial institutions’ customer experience
- Develop and execute on customer retention strategies
- Lead or participate in initiatives aimed at improving the customer experience.
- Serve as ongoing owner of customer focused processes, with a goal of providing an exceptional customer experience. Includes creating processes (leveraging field feedback), documenting processes, being lead voice for needed tools, and improving processes/tools over time. Processes owned include, but are not limited to:
- Banker customer experience
- Teller customer experience
- Service protocol
- Book of Business approach
- Financial health consultation approach
- Lead strategy and execution around customer surveys (transactional, relationship, ATM survey, and others). Administer customer surveys in partnership with external survey vendor.
- Lead Voice of the Customer program in which survey feedback is compiled, analyzed, shared with the team, used to determine improvements (includes analyzing customer complaint data)
- Share information, insights and trends across the organization..
- Partner with Marketing on acquisition strategies and ensure excellent execution on branch portion of acquisition activities.
- Solicit regular field feedback around opportunities for continued improvement to customer experience.
- Work across key partners to represent Community Banking customers and to ensure effective partnerships on delivering desired client experience.
- Identify any internal processes that produce a less than favorable customer experience and determine opportunities for improvement.
- Serve as escalation point and consultant around customer experience issues and work with key partners and/or Community Banking executive leaders to resolve
- Ensure that service level agreements are in place with key partners that support Community Banking customers and are reviewed on a periodic basis.
- Advocate for customers to ensure their needs and preferences are considered in decisions, processes and policies both in Community Banking and in other areas of the company.
The successful candidate will have success in building and leading a high performing, industry-leading customer focused teams in the financial services industry. This executive will have experience leading a best in class organization leveraging highly disciplined business, financial, operations, credit and risk management processes.
- 10+ years of strategic planning experience
- 5+ years of management experience
Other Desired Qualifications
- Ten or more years of successful management experience in a direct to consumer industry
- Experience leading customer experience related efforts
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills combined with strategic business focus and a passion for the customer experience
- Demonstrated ability to influence without direct authority, create and manage (while achieving results) large-scale change and influence people at all levels of the organization
- Must have strong relationship management and proven leadership skills, with solid conflict management, negotiation and organizational effectiveness techniques
- Demonstrated ability to manage effectively in a heavily matrixed organization with a high degree of initiative and strong ability to meet key responsibilities with limited direction and oversight
- Proven success recruiting, inspiring, developing, coaching and motivating team members through balanced leadership with a focus on team member engagement and retention and performance management
- Ability to communicate powerfully and prolifically to senior and executive leaders and simplify the complex
- Proven success building and maintaining strong credible relationships with key stakeholder groups including executive management, regulatory examiners and internal auditors.
San Francisco, CA; Charlotte, NC; Minneapolis, MN; Phoenix, AZ; any major Wells Fargo hub location considered.
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Wells Fargo is committed to hiring and retaining active military personnel and veterans. Our goal is to employ 20,000 veterans by 2020.