Airgas USA, LLC is hiring a Delivery Driver / Cylinder Filler in Columbus, OH! Are you ready to be part of a passionate and hard-working team eager to drive our business forward? Discover an exciting Career with Airgas! Airgas USA, LLC, an Air Liquide company, is the nation's leading single-source supplier of gases, welding, and safety products. Known locally nationwide, our distribution network serves more than one million customers of all sizes with a broad offering of top-quality products and unmatched expertise. GENERAL SUMMARY:
This position will provide customer route delivery of hard goods, high-pressure and liquid cylinders as well as be responsible for filling industrial gas products into liquid and high pressure gas cylinders in compliance with federal, state, local regulations, and meeting the standard operating procedures of Airgas. Driver: ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Delivery of compressed gas cylinders and liquid cylinders to customers; return empty cylinder to plant for refilling
• Provide excellent customer service (communication, provide information on cost, ordering and delivery times, etc.)
• Maintain documentation (load manifests, vehicle documents, truck counts, shipping documents)
• Stock truck for daily deliveries
• Comply with all DOT and OSHA regulations
• Ensure all safety rules are strictly observed
• Other duties as assigned Cylinder Filler: ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Inspect cylinders prior to filling, following standard procedures as required by government, Airgas, and distributor standards.
• Prepares high pressure cylinders and cryogenic vessels for filling: Attaches to manifold, evacuates cylinders to eliminate all possible contaminants.
• Fills cylinders by pressure and weight, per regulations and standards.
• Conducts a variety of Safety checks per procedures, such as odor tests, checking caps and valves.
• Accurately labels cylinders.
• Completes daily fill sheets for every type of gas, as required by DOT, FDA, and Airgas.
• Completes quality control sheets as required.
• Safely operate a forklift, pallet jack and other warehouse equipment.
• Maintain neat, clean and orderly plant appearance.
• Other duties as assigned
(The above job functions are illustrative of the duties and responsibilities associated with this position and are not intended to be all inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.)Qualifications: KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- HS Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Valid Class A Driver's License.
- Hazmat & Airbrake Certifications
- Must have prior driving experience and a clean driving record.
- Prior experience in the gas, welding and safety supply industry preferred.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) preferred.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrates a clear and effective speaking manner for the purpose of explaining information to customers and employees.
- Strong level of attention to detail.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent's
- Employee frequently required to remain stationary for extended periods of time while driving the company vehicle.
- Employee may frequently be required to transverse through various Airgas and customer locations.
- Employee will frequently be required to actively listen and exchange information interacting with customers and fellow Airgas associates.
- Requires occasional use of computer and telephone.
- Employee may be required to observe and assess information received via computer.
- Repetitive motions necessary to provide delivery of products.
- Regularly required to transport and move 60 pounds; required to push and pull liquid containers weighing up to 800 pounds with the aid of material handling equipment.
- Must be able to operate in a drug-free workplace.
- Must be able to work in inclement weather conditions.
- Flexible to work overtime as needed.
- Frequent local travel using company vehicle.
- Must be able to work indoors / outdoors in temperatures ranging from -10 to over 100 degrees.
- Work environment may contain loud noises and/or odors that may last for long periods of time or on a continual basis.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
In lieu of the above, any equivalent combination of training and experience that provided the aforementioned knowledge, abilities and skills may be considered at the discretion of Airgas.
Airgas offers a full benefits package that includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match, Tuition Reimbursement and much more...!
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.