Airgas USA, LLC is hiring a Class A Driver in Harrisburg, PA!
Are you ready to be part of a passionate and hard-working team eager to drive our business forward?
Discover an exciting Career with Airgas! Airgas USA, LLC, an Air Liquide company, is the nation's leading single-source supplier of gases, welding, and safety products. Known locally nationwide, our distribution network serves more than one million customers of all sizes with a broad offering of top-quality products and unmatched expertise. GENERAL SUMMARY:
As the "face of Airgas", the Delivery Driver is responsible for safely and efficiently delivering compressed gas cylinders to local and regional business customers from an Airgas branch or plant location using a company provided tractor trailer, straight, or box truck. This position loads, unloads, delivers, and returns compressed gas cylinders while frequently interacting with Airgas customers. ES SENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Safely loads, delivers and unloads cylinders containing compressed gases to customer's place of business.
- Delivers compressed gas cylinders to external and internal customer sites. Records deliveries and pick-ups on a load manifest and obtains signatures from customers for receipt purposes. Collects empty cylinders or rejected or unsold merchandise. Returns empty cylinders to either a plant or branch location for refilling.
- Establishes and maintains good customer relations. Listens to and helps resolve service inquiries and complaints.
- Provides timely communication back to manager or to the customer's assigned Airgas sales associate regarding any changes or issues experienced by the customer.
- Performs cylinder inspections per operating procedures.
- Maintains load manifests and all required vehicle documents ensuring they are properly completed and balanced with truck counts and shipping documents before and after deliveries. Ensures that vehicle manifests, labeling and load are in compliance with regulatory guidelines such as those pertaining to the Department of Transportation (DOT), Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), Food & Drug Administration (FDA), Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), and Airgas safety standards (SAFECOR).
- Performs pre-trip and post-trip vehicle inspections documenting deficiencies & ensures all safety items are in good working order.
- Ensures all safety rules are strictly observed & any accidents or injuries are promptly reported to management.
- Operates a pallet jack, forklift & other warehouse equipment.
- Works in warehouse or on dock as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
The above stated duties are intended to outline those functions typically performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This description of duties is not intended to be all-inclusive or to limit the discretionary authority of supervisors to assign other tasks of similar nature or level of responsibility nor does it imply an employment agreement.Qualifications: EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- HS Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Valid Class A Driver's License.
- Valid Medical Examiner's Card.
- Hazmat & Airbrake Certifications (or ability to acquire certifications as a condition of employment).
- Must have one (1) year of prior Class A professional driving experience within the last four (4) years and a clean driving record to include no more than one (1) moving violation per the DOT and 2 in a personal vehicle per the state DMV within the last three (3) years.
- In lieu of experience, may consider accepting a diploma from an accredited driving school or a combination of driving and prior Airgas specific experience.
- Prior experience in the gas, welding and safety supply industry preferred.
- Basic PC knowledge to include familiarity with onboard computers/telematics preferred.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet deadlines.
- Ability to read and comprehend material safety data sheets.
- Ability to clearly and effectively speak to customers and employees as well as legibly write.
- Must have a high attention to detail.
- Ability to safely operate a forklift and other material handling equipment.
- Ability to perform addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division in various units of measure to include whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rates, ratios, and percentages.
- Employee frequently is required to remain stationary for extended periods of time while driving the company vehicle. Employee often is required to enter and exit a company vehicle.
- Employee may frequently be required to transverse through various Airgas and customer locations.
- Employee will frequently be required to actively listen and exchange information interacting with customers and fellow Airgas associates.
- Requires frequent use of computer, telephone, and on board computers.
- Employee will be required to frequently observe and assess information received via computer.
- Repetitive motions necessary to provide delivery of products.
- Regularly required to transport and move 30 pounds with or without the use of a hand truck for distances up to 25 feet. For transporting any weight 25 feet or beyond, requires the use of a hand truck (or the aid of some alternate material handling equipment). Employee may occasionally be required to transport and move up to 800 pounds with the use of material handling equipment.
- Must be able to operate in a drug-free workplace.
- Must be able to work in inclement weather conditions.
- Flexible to work overtime as needed.
- Frequent local travel using company vehicle.
- Must be able to work indoors / outdoors in temperatures ranging from -10 to over 100 degrees.
- May be required to clear Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or obtain Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) access authorization depending on Airgas customer.
- Work environment may contain loud noises and/or odors that may last for long periods of time or on a
- continual basis.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each job duty satisfactorily. The characteristics listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties. In lieu of the above, any equivalent combination of training and experience that provided the aforementioned knowledge, abilities and skills may be considered at the discretion of Airgas USA, LLC.
Airgas offers a full benefits package that includes:
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match, Tuition Assistance and much more...!
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.