Are you ready to lead a passionate and hard-working team eager to drive our business forward? Move your Career forward with Airgas as a Delivery Driver - CDL B in the Cleveland, OH area!
Airgas, an Air Liquide company, is the leading U.S. supplier of industrial, medical and specialty gases, as well as hardgoods and related products; one of the largest U.S. suppliers of safety products; and a leading U.S. supplier of refrigerants, ammonia products, and process chemicals.
Dedicated to improving the performance of its more than 1 million customers, Airgas safely and reliably provides products, services and expertise through its more than 18,000 associates, over 1,100 locations, robust e-Business platform, and Airgas Total Access telesales channel.
As an Air Liquide company, the world leader in gases, technology and services for Industry and Health, Airgas offers customers an unrivaled global footprint and industry leading technology and innovations. Check out what a career at Airgas can offer you!
As the "face of Airgas", the Delivery Driver is responsible for safely and efficiently delivering compressed gas cylinders to local and regional business customers from an Airgas branch or plant location using a company provided straight or box truck. This position loads, unloads, delivers, and returns compressed gas cylinders while frequently interacting with Airgas customers.
Qualifications: Successful candidates will have:
- Safely loads, delivers and unloads cylinders containing compressed gases to customer's place of business. Delivers compressed gas cylinders to external and internal customer sites. Records deliveries and pick-ups on a load manifest and obtains signatures from customers for receipt purposes. Collects empty cylinders or rejected or unsold merchandise. Returns empty cylinders to either a plant or branch location for refilling.
- Establishes and maintains good customer relations. Listens to and helps resolve service inquiries and complaints.
- Provides timely communication back to manager or to the customer's assigned Airgas sales associate regarding any changes or issues experienced by the customer.
- Performs cylinder inspections per operating procedures.
- Maintains load manifests and all required vehicle documents ensuring they are properly completed and balanced with truck counts and shipping documents before and after deliveries. Ensures that vehicle manifests, labeling and load are in compliance with regulatory guidelines such as those pertaining to the Department of Transportation (DOT), Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), Food & Drug Administration (FDA), Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), and Airgas safety standards (SAFECOR).
- Performs pre-trip and post-trip vehicle inspections documenting deficiencies & ensures all safety items are in good working order.
- Ensures all safety rules are strictly observed & any accidents or injuries are promptly reported to management.
- Operates a pallet jack, forklift & other warehouse equipment.
- Works in warehouse or on dock as needed.
- The above job functions are illustrative of the duties and responsibilities associated with this position and are not intended to be all inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Airgas offers a full benefits package that includes
- HS Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Valid Class B Driver's License.
- Valid Medical Examiner's Card.
- Hazmat & Airbrake Certifications (or ability to acquire certifications as a condition of employment).
- Must have one (1) year of prior Class B professional driving experience within the last four (4) years and a clean driving record to include no more than one (1) moving violation per the DOT and 2 in a personal vehicle per the state DMV within the last three (3) years
- In lieu of experience, may consider accepting a diploma from an accredited driving school or a combination of driving and prior Airgas specific experience.
- Prior experience in the gas, welding and safety supply industry preferred.
- Basic PC knowledge to include familiarity with onboard computers/telematics preferred.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet deadlines.
- Ability to read and comprehend material data sheets.
- Ability to clearly and effectively speak to customers and employees as well as legibly write.
- Must have a high attention to detail.
- Ability to safely operate a forklift and other material handling equipment.
- Ability to perform addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division in various units of measure to include whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rates, ratios, and percentages.
- Employee frequently is required to remain stationary for extended periods of time while driving the company vehicle. Employee often is required to enter and exit a company vehicle.
- Employee may frequently be required to transverse through various Airgas and customer locations.
- Employee will frequently be required to actively listen and exchange information interacting with customers and fellow Airgas associates.
- Requires frequent use of computer, telephone, and on board computers.
- Employee will be required to frequently observe and assess information received via computer.
- Repetitive motions necessary to provide delivery of products.
- Regularly required to transport and move 30 pounds with or without the use of a hand truck for distances up to 25 feet. For transporting any weight 25 feet or beyond, requires the use of a hand truck (or the aid of some alternate material handling equipment). Employee may occasionally be required to transport and move up to 800 pounds with the use of material handling equipment.
- Must be able to operate in a drug-free workplace.
- Must be able to work in inclement weather conditions.
- Flexible to work overtime as needed.
- Frequent local travel using company vehicle.
- Must be able to work indoors / outdoors in temperatures ranging from -10 to over 100 degrees.
- May be required to clear Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or obtain Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) access authorization depending on Airgas customer.
- Work environment may contain loud noises and/or odors that may last for long periods of time or on a continual basis.
- Lives by Airgas safety programs, OSHA, and all related rules, regulations, procedures which are applicable to this position's responsibilities.
: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match, Tuition Assistance and much more...!
What do our Team Members have to say about being part of the team?
"Great place to work with great growth potential" - Director, Atlanta
"Opportunity to advance and a great safety program" - Driver, Cheshire
"Fun people to work with and flexible management" - Sales Specialist
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.