Are you ready to lead a passionate and hard-working team eager to drive our business forward? Move your Career forward with Airgas as a Delivery Driver / Cylinder Filler at our Franklin, PA facility!
Airgas, an Air Liquide company, is the leading U.S. supplier of industrial, medical and specialty gases, as well as hardgoods and related products; one of the largest U.S. suppliers of safety products; and a leading U.S. supplier of refrigerants, ammonia products, and process chemicals.
Dedicated to improving the performance of its more than 1 million customers, Airgas safely and reliably provides products, services and expertise through its more than 18,000 associates, over 1,100 locations, robust e-Business platform, and Airgas Total Access telesales channel.
As an Air Liquide company, the world leader in gases, technology and services for Industry and Health, Airgas offers customers an unrivaled global footprint and industry leading technology and innovations. Check out what a career at Airgas can offer you!
As the "face of Airgas", the Delivery Driver / Cylinder Filler is responsible for safely and efficiently delivering compressed gas cylinders to local and regional business customers from an Airgas branch or plant location using a company provided straight or box truck. This position loads, unloads, delivers, and returns compressed gas cylinders while frequently interacting with Airgas customers. Additionally, this position will be responsible for safely handling and filling gas products into liquid, medical and high pressure gas cylinders in compliance with federal, state, local regulations, and meeting the standard operating procedures of Airgas. Driver: ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
Cylinder Filler: ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Safely loads, delivers and unloads cylinders containing compressed gases to customer's place of business. Delivers compressed gas cylinders to external and internal customer sites. Records deliveries and pick-ups on a load manifest and obtains signatures from customers for receipt purposes. Collects empty cylinders or rejected or unsold merchandise. Returns empty cylinders to either a plant or branch location for refilling.
- Establishes and maintains good customer relations. Listens to and helps resolve service inquiries and complaints.
- Provides timely communication back to manager or to the customer's assigned Airgas sales associate regarding any changes or issues experienced by the customer.
- Performs cylinder inspections per operating procedures.
- Maintains load manifests and all required vehicle documents ensuring they are properly completed and balanced with truck counts and shipping documents before and after deliveries. Ensures that vehicle manifests, labeling and load are in compliance with regulatory guidelines such as those pertaining to the Department of Transportation (DOT), Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), Food & Drug Administration (FDA), Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), and Airgas safety standards (SAFECOR).
- Performs pre-trip and post-trip vehicle inspections documenting deficiencies & ensures all safety items are in good working order.
- Ensures all safety rules are strictly observed & any accidents or injuries are promptly reported to management.
- Operates a pallet jack, forklift & other warehouse equipment.
- Works in warehouse or on dock as needed.
Qualifications: Successful candidates will have:
- Inspects cylinders prior to filling, following standard procedures as required by government, Airgas, and distributor standards. Conducts a variety of Safety checks per procedures, such as odor tests, checking caps and valves. Analyzes products for purity and correct mixtures.
- Handles high-pressure, medical and liquid cylinders. Prepares high pressure cylinders and cryogenic vessels for filling. Attaches to manifold, evacuates cylinders to eliminate all possible contaminants. Fills cylinders by pressure and weight, per regulations and standards.
- Assists with the loading & unloading of cylinders on & off pallets and tractor trailers. Operates a forklift, pallet jack and other warehouse equipment.
- Manages paperwork to DOT, FDA, OSHA, and Airgas standards. Completes quality control sheets as required.
- Understands hazards of various gases; size and contents of cylinders by reading and interpreting cylinder labels and the color-coding of tanks. Accurately labels cylinders.
- Complies with all government and company standards relating to the safe handling of hazardous materials/cylinder gases.
- Maintains a neat, clean and orderly plant appearance.
- The above job functions are illustrative of the duties and responsibilities associated with this position and are not intended to be all inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Airgas offers a full benefits package that includes:
- HS Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Valid Class B Driver's License.
- Valid Medical Examiner's Card.
- Hazmat & Airbrake Certifications (or ability to acquire certifications as a condition of employment).
- Must have one (1) year of prior Class B professional driving experience within the last four (4) years and a clean driving record to include no more than one (1) moving violation per the DOT and 2 in a personal vehicle per the state DMV within the last three (3) years.
- In lieu of experience, may consider accepting a diploma from an accredited driving school or a combination of driving and prior Airgas specific experience.
- Prior experience in the gas, welding and safety supply industry preferred.
- Minimum of one year of prior experience in a manufacturing operation, filling or loading experience preferred.
- Basic PC knowledge to include familiarity with onboard computers/telematics preferred.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet deadlines.
- Ability to read and comprehend material data sheets.
- Ability to clearly and effectively speak to customers and employees as well as legibly write.
- Must have high attention to detail.
- Ability to safely operate a forklift and other material handling equipment.
- Ability to perform addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division in various units of measure to include whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rates, ratios, and percentages.
- Lives by Airgas safety programs, OSHA, and all related rules, regulations, procedures which are applicable to this position's responsibilities.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match, Tuition Assistance and much more...!
What do our Team Members have to say about being part of the team?
"Great place to work with great growth potential" - Director, Atlanta
"Opportunity to advance and a great safety program" - Driver, Cheshire
"Fun people to work with and flexible management" - Sales Specialist
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.