Air Products and Chemicals, Inc. (NYSE:APD), a Fortune 500 manufacturer of industrial gases, has an immediate opening for an experienced Driver/Operator
with mechanical skills for a Nitrogen Services Technician
position in Lancaster, PA
.To apply for this position
, please visit the Air Products Career Center at www.airproducts.com/drivers. You can apply specifically to Job Req# 21860.This position requires travel to customer sites with nitrogen services equipment to purge lines and perform various duties, both in and out of state. Frequent travel with the ability to work variable schedule (including nights and weekends), 40 hour pay is guaranteed. The position requires 10-20% driving, while 80-90% of the work will be working as an Operating Technician/Mechanic to operate and maintain equipment in peak operating condition. There will be times during slow periods that techs will be on call at home. Technicians will be required to commit to working either a schedule of 16 days on/4 days off or 8 days on/2 days off. Technicians will often be on the road the duration of their scheduled shift, working 12 hour days, depending on available work. There is typically significant overtime due to long stretches of continuous days worked. Technicians can opt to work their scheduled days off for an increased rate of pay. There will be on call responsibilities while working at home or home terminal. Individuals will support customers at their site, operating specialized, state-of-the-art equipment and respond to emergency calls.QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
* High School diploma/GED
* Class A CDL with Tanker and HazMat endorsements
* Experience driving and maneuvering heavy equipment along with a clean driving record
* Must be willing to work rotating shift or split shift as customer demands change
* Have scheduling flexibility
* Often get called the same day to get to a customer as soon as you can safely arrive and perform the customer job
* Rapid response similar to firemen except you get on a plane and are sometimes gone for over a month
* Often asked to work through days off, which come every 16 days, which means you can work more than one month straight with no days off
* Extensive time away from home
* On call when not on days off, so you cannot plan anything that would interfere with a call in.
* Strong mechanical or I&E background
* Good people skills/direct customer interface
* Commercial Driver's License and Mechanical Aptitude Required.
* Ex Military with technical skills encouraged to apply.
* Oil Field Service experience a plus
* Must live within 60 Minutes of Lancaster, PABENEFITS:
* Opportunity for significant earnings potential of $90,000 plus
* Very affordable Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
* Company-paid Life Insurance
* Paid Holidays and Vacation
* Retirement plans
Air Products (NYSE:APD) is a world-leading Industrial Gases company in operation for over 75 years. The Company's core industrial gases business provides atmospheric and process gases and related equipment to manufacturing markets, including refining and petrochemical, metals, electronics, and food and beverage. Air Products is also the world's leading supplier of liquefied natural gas process technology and equipment. The Company had fiscal 2017 sales of $8.2 billion from continuing operations in 50 countries and has a current market capitalization of approximately $30 billion. Approximately 15,000 passionate, talented and committed employees from a diversity of backgrounds are driven by Air Products' higher purpose to create innovative solutions that benefit the environment, enhance sustainability and address the challenges facing customers, communities and the world.
Air Products offers a comprehensive benefits package including paid holidays/vacation, affordable medical, dental, life insurance, 401K plans.
If you are a current Air Products employee, please apply via APOnline by clicking on Applications, Human Resources U.S., then selecting Career Center.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those applicants who are being considered for an interview, or are currently employed by Air Products, will be contacted.
Air Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer (U.S.) All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, citizenship, gender, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or veteran status.
Opportunities for veterans with experience in instrument, electrical, and mechanical environments.