Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran Join us for our on-site hiring event! On the spot interviews & offers (to those who qualify)
Saturday January 13th
from 7:30 am - 12:00 Noon
Tuesday January 16th
from 10 am - 4:00 pm 1901 Ames Dr
Burnsville, MN 55306
Apply online to secure your spot: jobs.wm.com
Walk Ins welcome
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
Join our Waste Management team, the industry leader since 1971. With over 41,000 proud employees, Waste Management has the largest trucking fleet in the waste industry - over 18,000 trucks, and leads in CNG advancement with the largest fleet of class 8 Natural Gas Vehicles in North America. We offer opportunities in 48 states, the District of Columbia, and Canada.
When you drive for Waste Management, you join a team of the best drivers in the nation - professional, well trained, and skilled. Our drivers work hard and drive safe. They know they are valued front-line team members who are the key in making Waste Management number one in the industry. They are rewarded with competitive pay, great benefits, opportunity for growth, and they are home at night and on the weekends. I. Job Summary
Roll-Off Driver - Bagster safely operates a heavy-duty truck and is responsible for preparing, collecting, loading "Bagster" bags and transporting collection containers to the disposal site or, transfer facility. Roll-Off Drivers will navigate driveways, alleyways, lots, and high traffic roadways and may operate in tight overhead environments while on industrial routes. Highly skilled backing maneuvers are essential to successfully perform this job. II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each task.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
- Ability to operate a 32-foot dual rear axle flatbed with knuckle boom crane and roll-off container.
- Operates vehicle in accordance with Waste Management Safety and Life Critical Rules, OSHA (Occupational and Safety Health Act) and DOT (Department of Transportation) requirements as well as all local, municipal, state and federal laws.
- Performs pre- and post-trip inspections of assigned equipment and documents checks on standard DVIR (Driver Vehicle Inspection Report).
- Immediately reports any unsafe situations or service related issued to Route Manager or Dispatch.
- Participates in all scheduled training programs, briefings, and meetings required by Waste Management or the Route Manager.
- Works closely with Route Managers and or Dispatch to improve route efficiencies and identify best practices.
- Notifies Route Manager of any incidents, accidents, injures, or property damage.
- Notifies Route Manager or dispatch of service interruptions including blocked containers or "Bagster" bag, closed street, alleyway, lot, or potential safety hazards.
- Communicates customer requests to Route Manager or Dispatch.
- Completes material collection and leaves the customer's location clean and free of debris.
- Completes and submits all customer tickets as required.
- Follows route assignments as directed and completes all end of day documentation and check out process.
- Performs all duties as scheduled by Route Manager or Dispatch, assisting other drivers as directed to meet customer needs.
No supervisory responsibilities required IV. Qualifications
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: Not required.
- Experience: Must have a least 1 year of experience operating a vehicle requiring a CDL or equivalent military driving within the last 7 years.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or other Requirements
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Legally eligible to work in the United States
- Successfully complete pre-employment DOT drug screen, physical, and background check, which will include previous employment check, criminal, history and motor vehicle record review.
- Hold a current Commercial Driver's License with an air brake endorsement
- Complete classroom training and demonstrate safe crane operation. (Some states may requires certification)
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding the physical requirements, and work environment of the job. A reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with arm, hand, finger, and leg dexterity.
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects more than _ pounds frequently.
- Requires pushing, pulling, bending, twisting and lifting up to _ lbs.
- Normal setting for this job is outdoors and/or driving a video/GPS monitored vehicle.
- Will be exposed to a physical environment, which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements most of the workday.
Note: The level of physical effort may vary from site to site and in some cases be greater or lesser than documented here. Benefits
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply."