Panasonic Corporation will work with Tesla Motors, Inc. to begin manufacturing photovoltaic (PV) cells and modules for solar panels at Tesla’s Solar City factory in Buffalo, New York.
Panasonic's role will be to manufacture and supply PV cells and modules with unique heterojunction photovoltaic cells, combining a crystalline silicon wafer with an amorphous silicon layer. Products will feature industry-leading module conversion efficiency and outstanding temperature coefficient characteristics,
The collaboration will make optimum use of both companies’ strengths to enhance the competitiveness of their products, generating a synergy effect between Panasonic’s technological and manufacturing expertise in the photovoltaic business and Tesla’s strong sales channels, rich creativity and market-leading, cutting-edge innovation.
The factory’s production is projected to begin this year. By expanding the scale of production capacity over time, Panasonic expects to reach production capacity of over 1 GW (GigaWatt) by 2019. Tesla is making a long-term purchase commitment to Panasonic for products manufactured at the Solar City factory.
This is an opportunity that’s made to order for a career-minded individual who wants to make a difference and contribute to a more sustainable future based on renewable energy. Join this creative technology collaboration as it staffs up for initial production and grow with it as operations get under way and expand.
Currently, PESSNY has an immediate opening available for a Cell Production Clerk.
What You’ll Get to Do:
Key tasks with respect to the Cell Production Department:
- Staff's vacation application proxy
- Time management of staff
- Visit correspondence (preparation of clothes)
- Document management
- Support of the Procurement team in controlling the department budget
- Responsible for issuing department purchase orders
- Responsible for purchasing spare parts Ad-Hoc:
- Comply with various policies (Environmental, Quality, Safety etc.) as enforced by the Company Scope:
- Report to the Manager
What You’ll Bring:
Education & Experience:
- High School Diploma Competencies & Skills:
Experience managing spare parts
- Experience supporting procurement
- Ability to make decisions as they relate to the cell production department.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the complete Microsoft Office Suite, with a specific focus on Excel and SAP Communications:
- Ability to explain things logically
- Develop interpersonal relationships through various types of communication
- Ability to respond to inquiries from superiors and employees Other requirements:
- Employee lifting up to 25 pounds, transporting work
- The noise level of working environment is usually moderate.
- Day shift
In addition to an environment that’s as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits.
What We Offer:
- Family like environment with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Collaborative culture that thrives on innovation and new ideas
- Rewards and recognition for great achievements
- Growth opportunities for career development
- Flexible work arrangements to help balance life and work
- Competitive benefits and compensation package Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer . all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.
A little about us:
Panasonic endeavors each day to shape a brighter future through the development of technologies designed to improve lives of our customers, employees and community.