Our Network Engineering team keeps us ahead of the competition. You will be responsible for the proper operation of a large group of Network Elements. You will also participate in cross-functional projects as scheduled and perform support of interdepartmental objectives to include preventative and remedial maintenance, installation, optimization, building and ground upkeep, and integration of network hardware and interconnect facilities. You’ll have a positive impact on our organization, and change the way that our customers live, work, and play.
- Maintain and repair all base station equipment and transmitters; maintain site and test equipment inventories.
- Test and analyze network coverage to ensure contiguous communication and network integrity and quality.
- Update daily logs with site-specific information.
- Compose clear and concise reports for system documentation.
- Perform audits as required by local, regional, Area, Corporate or Regulatory agencies.
- Perform preventative and remedial maintenance on all base station and transmitter equipment.
- Perform installation and optimization of same.
- Perform routine building and grounds maintenance and inspections.
- Integrate Network hardware and interconnect facilities.
- Analyze network coverage to ensure contiguous communication and network integrity.
- Make recommendations to engineering for improving network coverage and implement.
- Maintain inventories of test equipment, base station, and transmitters.
Update daily logs with site-specific information.
- An Associate’s degree in a related field or a two year technical degree in a related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Two or more years of experience plus electronics training in one or more of the following fields: telecommunications, two-way radio, paging, or microwave radio is required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the following technologies and/or platforms: voice cells infrastructure experience including: Motorola Lucent LTE,, CDMA data; LTE; telecom experience including: T1, DACS, OMP; computer support experience including: PC hardware and configurations, troubleshooting; and power experience including: Galaxy, Lorain, DC distribution systems, and troubleshooting. Demonstrated knowledge of the following technologies and/or platforms: voice cells infrastructure experience including: Motorola Lucent LTE, CDMA data; LTE; telecom experience including: T1, DACS, OMP; computer support experience including: PC
- Intermediate training in at least 3 of the following areas: data communications, digital communications, operating systems and applications, telecommunications, computer support, project management, and/or power.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Outlook.
- The ability to lift up to 60 lbs.
- A valid driver’s license.
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- A Bachelor’s degree.
- Military experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
A little about us:
Verizon is one of the largest communication technology companies in the world.