GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE Healthcare Life Sciences has an exciting opportunity available for a highly motivated, ambitious and inspiring Global R&D Leader to manage a team of R&D Scientists, Process Engineers and Associates responsible for defining and executing process optimization, the design & development of new products as well as technical support of existing products within the field of cell therapy and regenerative medicine.
• Lead a global multi-disciplinary team of R&D Scientists, Process engineers and Associates.
• Work with the leadership team to shape the vision and strategy for the cell therapy business through cross functional collaboration and contribution into the development of new project proposals.
• Drive iterative product development using Fastworks principles by fostering a customer focused organisation ensuring the customer needs are paramount
• Work with & leverage other GE groups; including our Global Research Centers and GE Ventures to enable the business to move quickly is assessing technical & business opportunities.
• Attract and retain key talent by creating an environment that promotes employee engagement, diversity and continued professional development.
• Motivate and inspire others through talent development, coaching, team building activities, reward and recognition.
• Align the scientific competency of the team with business priority projects.
• Resource scheduling, prioritization and capacity planning across a portfolio of global projects, including project and base cost forecasting.
• Define clear goals and objectives / priorities for direct reports aligned to business priority projects ensuring individuals roles and responsibilities are understood.
• Communicate openly through regular one-to-one meetings with direct reports, local team meetings and global project meetings.
• Provide insightful, constructive and continuous feedback to direct reports.
• Collaborate with both cross functional internal teams and external parties (academic groups, clinical and industrial partners) to deliver creative technical solutions and outcomes.
• Rigorous scientific and technical review of experimental data providing clearly thought through recommendations and driving decisions.
• Oversee the management of laboratory equipment and facilities, ensuring appropriate risk assessments and training packages are in place.
• Ensure the facility and teams activities are aligned with site EHS requirements embracing a culture of open concern reporting, continued improvement and best practice sharing.
• Ensure compliance the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, and applicable laws and regulatory requirements.
• Monitoring of cell therapy industry market, trends and technologies and influencing future product road map.
• Ph.D. with 10+ years of experience with a degree in bioprocessing, biotechnology, cell biology, immunology or a related field.
• Industry experience in Cell Therapy, Regenerative Medicine or Bioprocess field.
• Successful track record in product development and launch, operations management or related field.
• Proven experience in a leadership role.
• Excellent oral and written communications skills, with the ability to lead and influence global cross-functional teams.
• Strong analytical, problem solving and process mapping & development skills.
• Demonstrated project management skills.
• Ability to work effectively within a matrix environment.
• Ability to deliver results while working on multiple projects simultaneously, balancing resources, timing and quality of outcomes.
• Demonstrated problem-solving ability
• Demonstrated ability to build connections, collaborate and manage interactions with third parties to deliver results.
• Good computer skills - experience in using Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook or equivalents.
• Experience in sterile cell culture techniques and handling clinical / blood samples in the isolation, preparation and culture of primary cells (preferably including T-Cells, TILS and NK cells).
• Experience in large scale cell culture / expansion (preferably in bioreactors) and process development.
• Well networked within the Cell Biology / Cell Therapy ecosystem.
• Knowledgeable on emerging Cell Therapy companies & initiatives
• Familiarity with the applicable regulatory frameworks and requirements for cell and gene therapy and regenerative medicine, such as cGMP, ISO, or medical device development.
• Develop innovative and creative ideas through new idea generation and collaborations.
• Experience in statistical design and analysis.
Locations: United States; Massachusetts; Marlborough
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.