Shire is the leading global biotechnology company focused on serving people with rare diseases and other highly specialized conditions. We have best-in-class products available in more than 100 countries across core therapeutic areas including Hematology, Immunology, Neuroscience, Lysosomal Storage Disorders, Gastrointestinal / Internal Medicine / Endocrine and Hereditary Angioedema; a growing franchise in Oncology; and an emerging, innovative pipeline in Ophthalmics.
Our employees come to work every day with a shared mission: to develop and deliver breakthrough therapies for the hundreds of millions of people in the world affected by rare diseases and other high-need conditions, and who lack effective therapies to live their lives to the fullest
Improving Lives. Improving life for everyone. A subsidiary of Shire, BioLife is an industry leader in operating high quality plasmapheresis centers throughout the United States.
We are currently looking to fill part time, shift positions with hours ranging from 6:00am - 10:00pm Monday - Saturday. This position will typically work 30 hours/week.
Under the general direction of the Plasma Center Manager provides receptionist support to the plasma collection center. Primarily provides customer service and performs administrative duties.
• Greets all visitors to the facility including new and repeat donors in a timely manner exhibiting strong customer service skills. Answers incoming phone calls in a timely manner exhibiting strong customer service skills.
• Administrative functions related to new donors, repeat donors and SPE only donors that include but are not limited to:
• Verifying appointment times.
• Assisting donors with future appointments,
• Ensuring repeat donors scan in electronic system.
• Creating or pulling donor record files.
• Verifying prior donations.
• Requesting identification for new donors.
• Notifying the appropriate personnel that visitor/donor has arrived.
Contact donors to remind them of physical appointments. Performs other duties as necessary. Supports the center management team in identifying operational opportunities for continuous improvement, initiating changes to center processes as needed, through use of company approved procedures (including but not limited to 5S, Value Stream Mapping and Kaizen).
• Requires occasional leaning, bending, stooping, crouching, reaching above shoulders and below knees and the ability to walk and stand for entire work shift. Must be able to communicate face to face as well as over the telephone
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Ability to read and follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and to maintain complete and accurate records.
• Experience in a laboratory, hospital, or other regulated environment is a plus.
• Candidate should have strong interpersonal skills and be an excellent communicator who can successfully interact with visitors and customers. Requires excellent English language comprehension, both written and verbal.
• Experience in Microsoft Office Suite applications.
• Must be able to prioritize work and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Shire is an equal opportunity employer. Shire evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Shire is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
A little about us:
At Shire, we help people with rare diseases and specialized conditions live their lives to the fullest.