Description The Dow Chemical Company has an opening for a Central Maintenance Scheduler (CMS)/Work Activity Coordinator (WAC) at the Freeport, Texas location. The purpose of this job is to ensure work is carried out in a safe and efficient manner. He/she is responsible for the productivity of the team and crew that performs the task. A minimum of 5 years in maintenance or craft experience within an industrial maintenance environment is required.
1. Leads effective morning tailgate- key safety/ productivity message, give out work assignments, then end meeting (goal is 2. Acts as scheduling focal point for Central Maintenance groups.
3. Attends weekly Scheduler meeting (Thursday morning).
4. Reports net capacity numbers for upcoming week to Site Master Scheduler.
5. Assigns work to craftsmen.
6. Monitors Qless time (sign-in software) for responsible craftsmen.
7. Ensures work is being completed safely and efficiently by performing field visits.
8. Updates schedule via zone schedulers for responsible tasks.
9. Drives initiatives and productivity improvements coming from the Control Tower.
10. Attends monthly Work Activity Coordinator (WAC) network meetings.
11. Monitors craftsmen OT (Overtime)%.
12 .Backup other focal points in Central Maintenance.
13. Sign off on TRACK for responsible crafts.
14. Ensure Plant Maintenance Order (PMOs) or work orders have correct work centers assigned.
15. Leverage by working with the scheduler network; Distributes resources to jobs.
Prior experience leading and managing work with craftsmen.
Strong written and verbal communication skills. Able to communicate well, verbally and in writing, and have strong reading comprehension and listening skills.
Demonstrate leadership skills - inspire others and lead them through influence.
Have a high regard for personal safety and the safety of others.
Ability to work on a dynamic team.
A minimum requirement for this U.S. based position is the ability to work legally in the United States. No visa sponsorship/support is available for this position, including for any type of U.S. permanent residency (green card) process.
Work coordination experience scheduling crafts is beneficial.
Experience with SAP and Primavera is preferred.
Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook is also preferred.
Planning experience is preferred as well.
A minimum of a High School Diploma or GED is required.
DowDuPont (NYSE: DWDP) is a holding company comprised of The Dow Chemical Company and DuPont with the intent to form strong, independent, publicly traded companies in agriculture, materials science and specialty products sectors that will lead their respective industries through productive, science-based innovation to meet the needs of customers and help solve global challenges. For more information, please visit us at www.dow-dupont.com .
The positions represented by this job posting are aligned to one of the three divisions, Agriculture, Materials Science or Specialty Products, which are expected to separate from DowDuPont into stand-alone public companies. Information on the division alignment will be provided during the recruitment process.
Competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits
An annual variable pay program that rewards team and individual performance while sharing success across the company
Employee stock ownership - and the commitment to long-term success that it brings
On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and rewarding work environment
Career experiences that can span different Dow businesses and functions with opportunities for personal and professional growth
The chance to work within a global company and interact with colleagues from around the world
Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion to help others
Dow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Dow is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at http://www.dow.com/en-us/contact-us , you may call us at 1+800-523-3945 and select Option 1, or send a facsimile request to 1+989-636-3674.
A little about us:
Join the Dow team in creating innovative solutions for human progress. A career with us is an invitation to explore, create and make valuable contributions to human progress. We’re a global team of problem-solvers, impacting everything from safe bridges, to fresh food.