The Fusion Applications (FA) Central Projects Team works directly with FA's Executive Vice President Steve Miranda on high-profile projects of his choosing. Although we report into the Human Capital Management team, our mandate is to work with teams across all FA application pillars. We take on projects of topmost strategic value that promise to have large-scale impact on FA development and products. We are sent into areas as benevolent agents of change. We engage, solve problems, disengage, and move on to the next challenge. Our team comprises a broad mix of senior-level skills and perspectives, blending product management, development, architecture, usability, and project management with an appreciation of the business impact of our work. This new team is being grown from one person to around six. Projects to date have included: SMERF (the Steve Miranda Enhancement Requests for Fusion), a new in-house tool and process for streamlining how FA and the Fusion Middleware teams manage ERs between them; and another initiative to unify, streamline, and improve the quality and usability of our Approvals-related technologies. We expect a broad and varied set of new projects in the future. If you are a tenacious senior professional who enjoys a broad mix of challenges and if you have a flair for boldly knocking down barriers where others might back away, this is the team for you.
Description of the Position
The Central Projects Technical Architect will the the senior technical resource on a team of multi-talented senior professionals. You will lead all of the hands-on development projects within our group. Notably, you will be the sole developer responsible for the SMERF Tool - the singular tool used to rank and administer all of the enhancement requests that pass between the Fusion Applications (FA) and the Fusion Middleware (FMW) divisions, comprising approximately 18,000 people total. This highly visible tool is just a month or two away from its first release after coming out of an extremely successful MVP. Even at this early stage, SMERF's impact has been absolutely transformative. It plays a central role in both divisions' development process and its users love it. Additionally, you will be responsible for tracking and assessing the next-generation UI and development technology platforms that come out of FMW. You will play a central role representing FA's interests and help determine direction for these platforms. Acting as a bleeding-edge technology adopter, you will develop pilots and projects of your own with an ulterior motive to gain an expert, hands-on understanding of our new technologies. You must be experienced enough to be able to critique these technologies with expertise, grace, an understanding of FA's strategic needs, and honesty tempered with humility. You must understand the strengths and weaknesses of the technology platforms within FA today and be able to anticipate and represent our needs for the future. You will be a visible advocate for FA who bears the credibility of hands-on code-level expertise. You may be embedded with various FA teams from time to time when their projects align with your own. Lastly, you will support Central Projects Architects within the team when they need expert-level technical assistance.Required Qualifications:
- 7 years experience, displaying a steady progression of responsibility in both hands-on and leadership roles in development
- A solid understanding of software platforms and application development focusing on web technologies
- Experience with 3.5GL, RAD, and declarative programming environments.
- A solid sense of what it takes for teams of various backgrounds and abilities to develop high-quality software products
- Comfort with rapidly adopting new platforms, jumping between projects, and juggling multiple projects at once
- Deep experience in UI development
- Solid usability sensibilities
- Excellent communication skills are an absolute must. This position requires intensive writing, documenting, listening, and communicating with others.
- A good understanding of software development processes and a history of helping teams out to improve them
- Mobile application development
- Development of forms-based applications and/or reporting applications.
- Object oriented design and programming
- Expert in distributed systems
- APEX experience, or familiarity with similar database-centric rapid application development platforms.
- Agile development experience
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. Define specifications for significant new projects and specify, design and develop software according to those specifications. You will perform professional software development tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Provide leadership and expertise in the development of new products/services/processes, frequently operating at the leading edge of technology. Recommends and justifies major changes to existing products/services/processes. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 8 more years of software engineering or related experience.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.