Responsibilities listed in this section are core to the position. Inability to perform these responsibilities with or without an accommodation may result in disqualification from the position.
• Assembles and wraps instrument sets.
• Ensures proper use of sterilized sonic cleaners and other related equipment.
• Retrieves and delivers surgical instruments on a timely basis.
• Thoroughly inspects instruments to insure all instruments are clean and in good repair/working order prior to sterilization process.
• Decontaminates/sterilizes equipment using proper chemical mixtures.
• Tests, operates and loads autoclaves.
• Participates in the routine cleaning and decontamination of all department work surfaces.
• Completes sterilization log sheets.
• Locates sterile supplies, instrument sets and equipment.
• Periodically checks sterile inventory in order to remove those items in which sterilization has expired or packaging has been compromised.
• Resterilizes instrument sets as needed.
• Trained to prepare Case Carts independently during which time may assist with the preparation of Case Carts.
Experience: Stable work record.
Licensure/Certifications/Registrations Required: None
Special Requirement: Incumbents may remain in this position for up to 9 months. During which time, the incumbent must successfully accomplish the duties of an entry level Sterile Processing/Case Cart Specialist I (non-certified).
I have read the above requirement and understand the conditions of my continued employment as a Sterile Processing/Case Cart Trainee. I understand that I will be considered for promotion upon meeting the competencies of the Sterile Processing/Case Cart Specialist I (non-certified) or Sterile Processing/Case Cart Specialist II (certified) position. If I have not met the competencies, I may be terminated or transferred to another position for which I am qualified.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom