Kingwood Medical Center - Kingwood, Texas Sterile Processing Tech Kingwood Medical Center
is currently looking for a Sterile Processing Tech. Responsibilities:
- The position has the responsibility of supporting the mission of the hospital which is to provide patients with the highest quality of healthcare within an atmosphere of genuine caring.
- The Instrument Technician has the duties of cleaning, wrapping, sterilization, and caring for surgical instruments and devices used in the operating room and patient care areas.
- SPD training course or related experience preferred.
- Must be detail oriented and capable of consistent accuracy in cleaning, sorting and properly packaging instruments and materials for sterilization.
- Prefer prior experience in Sterile Supply/Processing, but may be willing to train
- Works closely with other departments and all members of the health care team.
- Knowledge of instrumentation
- Knowledge of decontamination of blood born pathogens
- Knowledge of sterilization techniques
- Sterile Processing Certification preferred