Kingwood Medical Center - Kingwood, Texas Sterile Processing Tech Kingwood Medical Center
is currently looking for a Sterile Processing Tech. Responsibilities:
- The position has the responsibility of supporting the mission of the hospital which is to provide patients with the highest quality of healthcare within an atmosphere of genuine caring.
- The Instrument Technician has the duties of cleaning, wrapping, sterilization, and caring for surgical instruments and devices used in the operating room and patient care areas.
- SPD training course or related experience preferred.
- Must be detail oriented and capable of consistent accuracy in cleaning, sorting and properly packaging instruments and materials for sterilization.
- Prefer prior experience in Sterile Supply/Processing, but may be willing to train
- Works closely with other departments and all members of the health care team.
- Knowledge of instrumentation
- Knowledge of decontamination of blood born pathogens
- Knowledge of sterilization techniques
- Sterile Processing Certification preferred
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom