Good Samaritan Hospital
is a 474 bed acute care hospital in the heart of Silicon Valley, with two locations, the main campus in San Jose, California and the Mission Oaks campus in Los Gatos, California. Recognized nationally for quality and safety, it has an 'A' from The Leapfrog Group and has been voted a "Family Favorite" hospital for more than ten years. It is one of only ten hospitals nationwide to be awarded the Outstanding Achievement Award from the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer four consecutive times. Good Samaritan is a leader in neurosciences, high-risk obstetrics, advanced cardiology and innovative surgery techniques, and is a Joint Commission-certified Comprehensive Stroke Center and an accredited Chest Pain Center The Sterile Processing team are dedicated, healthcare providers with excellent services and skills at Good Samaritan Hospital. We're hiring top talent today to join this team. Are you interested? Apply online now. Schedule: 1.0 (40 hours per week) Shift: 8 hour, Mixed with rotating weekends Internal Posting Period: 11/17/17-11/25/17
Under general supervision, cleans, following good aseptic technique, processes, sterilizes and assembles patient care equipment, supplies and instruments according to prescribed procedures and techniques. In doing so, decontaminates instruments and other reusable items using cleaning and decontaminating equipment, detergents and disinfecting agents. Prepares, wraps, packages, seals, labels and sterilizes instruments, trays, equipment, linens and a variety of supplies using steam or Abtox sterilizers. Keeps accurate records of sterilization processes and monitoring according to hospital policy.Qualifications: Qualifications/ Requirements:
- Approximately three to four months of on the job experience and training is necessary in order to learn the use and safe handling of processing and sterilization equipment and monitoring systems, disinfectant solutions, aseptic technique and the Policies and Procedures of the department.
- Ability to speak, write legible and read English in order to respond quickly and appropriately to emergency needs; understand and follow written and verbal cleaning, decontamination, sterilization and packaging procedures and to maintain accurate records and logs. Must be able to perform basic aritbinetic calculations as normally acquired through completion of high school.
- Basic analytical skills necessary in order to maintain records indicating Sterile Processing activity.
- Ability to concentrate and pay close attention to details for up to ninety percent of work time when decontaminating, processing, packaging, sterilizing and monitoring these processes.
- Ability to walk and stand for up to ninety five percent of work time when cleaning, sterilizing, issuing supplies. Be able to lift, push carts of equipment and supplies of light to medium weight up to forty percent of time.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom