Central Sterile Technician - Full Time - Evenings (2:30 - 11:00 pm, rotating weekend call) Learn more about working at Garden Park Medical Center where above all else we are committed to the care and improvement of human life:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQbkkWFSNhE&list=PLvZu6rnElrRy8VQmHatZG6QOZb4au2gG7&index=1 About Garden Park Medical Center
Since 1973, Garden Park has supported the medical needs of the residents of the Mississippi Gulf Coast. In 2000, Garden Park Hospital became Garden Park Medical Center as the 130-bed acute care facility moved from its original location on Broad Avenue to its brand new $54 million facility on Community Road in Orange Grove. Our many services and physician specialties enable us to provide a wide variety of care and improve patient health outcomes when illness or injury occurs.
At Garden Park, we want to be the employer of choice on the Mississippi Gulf Coast. We understand that our employees juggle multiple demands both in and outside of the workplace. For this reason, we offer a variety of programs and resources to help meet your needs. Our focus is clear: a culture focused on recruiting and retaining talented employees within a culture where you are our top priority. Roles & Responsibilities: General Summary of Duties
- Sterile Processing Technician is responsible for cleaning and decontamination of surgical instrumentation, reassembly and wrapping of instrument sets, proper use of Sterilizers, sonic cleaners and other related equipment, and maintaining a clean safe workplace. Duties Include But Are Not Limited To:
Qualifications: Knowledge, Skills & Abilities- This position requires the following minimal requirements:
- Prepares instruments and supplies through cleaning, packing, sterilizing and storing procedures.
- Understands principles of sterilization techniques and operates sterilization equipment.
- Assembles and sets up instruments trays for operating rooms.
- Assists in departmental cost containment efforts.
- Performs equipment distribution and routing cleaning and maintenance.
- Performs crash cart restocking/exchange.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- Practice and adhere to the "Code of Conduct" philosophy and "Mission and Value Statement".
- Promote positive and collaborative atmosphere with all members of the healthcare team
- Must have customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Must be detail-oriented with ability to sustain concentration over long periods of time.
- Must have critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Must role model ethical, safe, fiscally responsible practices
- Must be able to read and comprehend written instructions and follow verbal instructions.
- Must have the ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Must demonstrate teamwork and team building skills
- Meets annual requirements for mandatory education and required Garden Park credentialing
- None required. EXPERIENCE
- At least one year of sterilization and instrumentation experience preferred CERTIFICATE/LICENSE
- CRCST preferred PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS
- Must be able to stand/walk, use arm muscles, finger dexterity, move/carry 2 to 20 pounds and work in hot/cold environment for 66% or more of the time. Frequent pulling/pushing of equipment, use of back muscles, feeling/touching, operating machinery, wearing protective equipment and moving 21 to 30 pounds. Occasional twisting, pulling, pushing, sitting, smelling hearing, talking, working near chemicals, hazardous waste material or lifting 31 to 40 pounds.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom