Help deliver superior service to the patients at South Bay Hospital, part of the HCA West Florida hospital system. Our team strives to provide effective and efficient care in our newly renovated 138-bed hospital. Our new ICU/PCU patient tower, enhanced lobby, Café at the Bay with outdoor seating, Chapel and Gift Shop opened recently with all new amenities for patients, our employee team and visitors. We are proud to be recognized by The Joint Commission as a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures five years in a row. We also hold disease specific certification by The Joint Commission in Stroke, Total Hip and Knee Replacement, Heart Failure, and Sepsis. With new communities breaking ground each year, this is an ideal location to experience our commitment to your career and our community. We support our talented staff with advanced technologies throughout our hospital and Centers of Excellence including:
* Chest Pain Center - Certified by the Society of Cardiovascular Care *Advanced Primary Stroke Center with a Gold Plus Award by AHA *10 Bed Emergency Department *New 26-bed ICU/PCU Critical Care Tower *Diagnostic Cath Lab *Center for Joint and Spine *Mammography and Women's Diagnostic Services *Surgical Specialties including General, Orthopedics, Urology and Gastroenterology.
The Sterile Processing Tech
The Sterile Processing Tech will be responsible for the proper distribution, decontamination, processing and sterilization of instruments, supplies and equipment in accordance with hospital policy and procedures.
• Prepare operating room case carts, sterile trays, and supplies for all areas of the hospital.
• Clean, assemble, wrap and sterilize reusable surgical instruments and supplies.
• Will be responsible for the maintenance of accurate sterilization records for all machine tests as well as a monthly report.
• Operate Ultrasonic, Steam, Steris and Sterrad equipment.
High School graduate or equivalent.
Knowledge of sterilization supplies, equipment and instruments.
Sterile Processing Certification
Previous experience 1-2 years strongly preferred
Ability to read and communicate effectively in English.
Basic computer knowledge.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom