Are you looking for a rewarding career as a Sterile Processing Technician? Become part of an awarding team of Sterile Processing Technicians here in the Central Sterile Department at South Bay Hospital. Our team of Sterile Processing Technicians take pride in providing patient care. Become a part of our team of Sterile Processing Technicians today.
Help deliver superior service to the patients at South Bay Hospital, part of the HCA West Florida hospital system. Our team strives to provide effective and efficient care in our newly renovated 138-bed hospital. Our new ICU/PCU patient tower, enhanced lobby, Café at the Bay with outdoor seating, Chapel and Gift Shop opened recently with all new amenities for patients, our employee team and visitors. We are proud to hold disease specific certification by The Joint Commission in Stroke, Total Hip and Knee Replacement, Heart Failure, and Sepsis. With new communities breaking ground each year, this is an ideal location to experience our commitment to your career and our community. We support our talented staff with advanced technologies throughout our hospital and Centers of Excellence including:
- Recognized by the Joint Commission as a Primary Stroke Center, as a Top Performer On Key Quality Measures® Five Years In A Row and as One Of 480 Pioneers In Quality™ For 2017
- ACR® Accreditation In CT, Nuclear Medicine, Mammography, MRI And Ultrasound
- Healthgrades® Five Star Recipient For Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease, Hip Fracture Treatment And Pacemaker Procedures
- Ethisphere® lnstitute's World's Most Ethical Companies - HCA Healthcare
- State of the Art Emergency Department treating more than 27,000 emergencies annually
- New 26-bed ICU/PCU Critical Care Tower
- Heart and Vascular Center Diagnostic Cath Lab
- Center for Joint and Spine
- Center for Breast Health featuring 3D Mammography, Stereotactic Biopsy, Ultrasound, and Dexa Diagnostic Services
- Surgical Specialties including General, Breast, Vascular, Orthopedics, Urology and Gastroenterology
The Sterile Processing Tech will need to have knowledge and experience of cleaning, assembling, wrapping and sterilizing reusable surgical instruments and supplies. The Sterile Processing Tech will be responsible for the maintenance of accurate sterilization records for all machine tests as well as a monthly report. They will need the ability to operate Ultrasonic, Steam, Steris and Sterrad equipment. Also Responsible for thorough and complete processing of all usable surgical instruments.
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Previous experience 1-2 yrs
- Ability to read and communicate effectively in English.
- Basic computer knowledge
At HCA West Florida's 16 hospitals we're not just caregivers, we're devoted to caring. Located throughout Tampa, St. Petersburg, Sarasota area, we're on a journey to reach new heights in service excellence for our patients. As an integral part of the nation's largest healthcare system with more than 15,000 healthcare professionals on our team, we foster an environment where you will be supported, valued and encouraged to grow.